Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Analytical Chemistry
Requisition ID: 6529191002
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Analytical Chemistry to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Scientist, Analytical Chemistry will be responsible for:
- Together with other members of the group, evaluate and implement new NMR methods and new ways to apply NMR technology for drug discovery.
- Work with the vendor, when necessary, to maintain and repair spectrometers.
- Communicate results of NMR-based studies to project teams.
- Present results at internal meetings and at external scientific meetings as appropriate.
- Routinely interact with scientists from therapeutic area project teams and core technology groups to develop and implement strategies to help advance programs.
- Evaluate the scientific literature critically and adopt novel technologies which will facilitate drug discovery projects.
- A Ph.D. is required, in chemistry or related discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of use of routine and advanced NMR methods to characterize synthetic medicinal compounds (small molecule) for structure and purity determination, is required.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive hands-on experience with high-resolution NMR spectroscopy, including 1D & 2D NMR data interpretation along with experimental set-up and problem solving is required.
- LC/MS experience supporting medicinal chemistry is required.
- In-depth knowledge of Bruker NMR spectrometers, maintenance, troubleshooting, automation, pulse programming, and method development is required.
- Hands on experience with LC/MS methods for characterization of medicinal compounds including open access analytical lab management and operation, configuration and maintenance of Agilent and Waters LC/MS systems is required.
- Strong background in synthetic organic chemistry is preferred.
- Experience with high resolution mass spectrometry, AccuTOF-DART, MALDI-TOF, and GC/MS techniques is preferred.
- Experience with software platforms including TopSpin, ACDLabs, MestReNova, ICONNMR, Open Lab CDS, NuGenesis, ChemStation, MassHunter Walk-up, and MassLynx is preferred.
- Experience with quantitative NMR (qNMR) is preferred.
- Familiarity with techniques to determine stereochemistry and absolute configuration such as XRD, NMR, and VCD is preferred.
- Familiarity with chiral analysis and ee determination using NMR, chiral HPLC or relevant techniques is preferred.
- Familiarity with RedHat Linux operating system and DameWare Remote Control software is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)