Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Analyst. Payroll Time
Requisition ID: 6525180320
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Analyst, Payroll Time, within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization. The position will be based in Tampa, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.”
There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As a senior-level contributor and subject matter expert, The Senior Analyst, Payroll Time will perform tasks related to analysis, execution, and support of payroll time processing while maintaining the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information. This role will lead the development and delivery of payroll training, assist the supervisor/manager with organizing tasks and reviewing the work of Coordinators and ensure that deliverables meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to payroll goals, and align with service center strategies. This role is required to work independently and may assist in specialized assignments.
- Lead complex analysis of time related data and reporting.
- Review, analyze, and reconcile payroll and other payroll related data according to established timelines, standards, and procedures.
- Handle complex and/or sensitive payroll requests and issues related to processing.
- Examine and verify payroll time related data for accuracy and consistency.
- Oversee and ensure Payroll deadlines are met and according to Payroll Operations procedures.
- Oversee reconciliation and error handling for time related jobs and processes – especially those around payroll time entry and time evaluation jobs.
- Analyze and validate quote entitlements for US/PR employees.
- Ensure all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable compliance requirements are met.
- Ensure payroll is executed in accordance with SOX controls at all times. complex payroll time related requests and issues with an enhanced understanding of the Kronos time systems and SAP time.
- Review and analyze time data and calculate retroactive time data as required.
- Create reports of activities and findings to document results and review with the supervisor/manager.
- Document and review payroll operations procedures.
- Work with the supervisor/manager and Service Center Documentation team to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of documentation (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes.
- Partner with the supervisor/manager to assure version control, retention, and inventory of associated documentation.
- Collaborate with Time Coordinators for day-to-day execution of duties and guide them regarding proper procedures, policies, and requirements.
- May review and "sign off" on Coordinator transactions.
- Assist the supervisor/manager with day-to-day task planning and special projects.
- May review and/or approve transactions for Analysts or Coordinators.
- Lead global time initiatives and projects.
- The Sr. Analyst will assure understanding of time systems and broader Payroll strategies.
- Review, follow, and provide input to payroll team objectives.
- Provide ideas, solutions, and tools to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll processing.
- Lead in the development, reporting, and review of metrics to drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate.
- Assist the supervisor/manager with capturing and responding to escalated issues, policies, and procedures from government agencies, payroll functions, and the operating companies.
- The Sr. Analyst will communicate regularly with supervisor/manager, team members, and appropriate stakeholders regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or processes.
- Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels.
- Participate in and support departmental initiatives.
- Seek feedback, continuously learn, and take advantage of opportunities to improve knowledge, skill, and experience.
- Monitor results to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist others where possible for the good of the team and department.
- Adhere to company, department, and team standards of professionalism and protocol.
- Assure that behavior complies with the J&J credo and supports a positive work environment.
- Mentor and guide Payroll Coordinators.
- Provide or share time system knowledge across the organization.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) is preferred
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Payroll is required
- Payroll time and attendance experience preferred
- Experience in a shared service center environment is preferred
- Working knowledge of Payroll processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements are required
- Intermediate to Advanced MS excel is required (Pivot tables, V look ups, formulas)
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS PowerPoint is required
- Experience with Kronos or SAP Time Tracking Module preferred
- Experience with an ERP system such as Payroll, HR, OM modules of SAP preferred
- A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines are required
- Experience working on payroll projects is required
- Ability to process complex information and identify solutions that meet both internal and business partner requirements are required
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity to compliance-related matters required.
- Up to 10% travel is required
- This position is based in Tampa, FL
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)