Johnson & Johnson Careers
Leader, NA Communications - J&J Vision Care
Requisition ID: 6519190607
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care is currently recruiting for Leader, North America Communications. The position location is Jacksonville, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health around the world. Through our operating companies, we deliver innovation that enables eye care professionals to create better outcomes for patients throughout their lives, with products and technologies that address unmet needs including refractive error, cataracts and dry eye. In communities with greatest need, we work in collaboration to expand access to quality eye care, and we are committed to helping people see better, connect better and live better. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
As the Leader for N. America communications, you will lead both internally and externally, JJVC’s largest market. This includes product and company brand public relations campaigns, media relations, issues management, reputation /stakeholder development and employee engagement. As the expert, you will provide senior strategic counsel to the NA Regional President and serves as member of the North America Leadership Team to help steer business and sell-in communication programs that will drive business results. You will also work closely with the WW JJVC Communications Team and partners with North America marketing colleagues to develop and implement integrated, multi-stakeholder communication and public relations programs to drive business objectives and enhance the company’s reputation. Also, you will serve as the Global communications lead for ACUVUE Brand Contact Lenses to ensure development and implementation of a strategic communications plan and deliverables that can help generate product demand in around the world.
- Work with WW JJVC Communications Director and N. America business leaders to define and execute regional public relations strategy, messaging and tactical plan for JJVC’s largest market
- Liaison with the Global Vision Communications Team as well as with Sector and Enterprise Media Relations to formulate holistic media relations plan with an emphasis on strong share of voice at key eye care congresses in North America
- Manage major communication and public affairs issues that impact N. America and have a direct impact on JJVC and J&J corporate reputation driving media relations and close coordination and consistent messaging across the region
- Drive positive earned media—across traditional media, online media and social media channels—to enhance brand and enterprise reputation in N. America in collaboration with Global Vision Communications Team and Enterprise and Sector Communications colleagues
- Develop internal communications strategy aligned to business priorities to elevate the visibility of the N. America Regional President and his entire Leadership team within the organization, align employees to the strategy, deepen employee engagement and ultimately help drive market-leading performance
- Provide strategic internal communications counsel and support of key N. America events (i.e. National Sales Meeting(s), Town Halls, etc.)
- For ACUVUE Brand, collaborate with Global Marketing and Regional Communications colleagues to deliver an annual product PR plan, tactical PR milestones and communications assets that can be activated across markets to drive demand for contact lenses
- Secure and oversee budget, PR agency and contractor resources to ensure delivery and efficiency of PR results
- Serve as a key liaison with senior business leaders in N. America to provide counsel on decisions and issues critical to their businesses
- Develop partnerships with N. America and global marketing teams to drive relevant positioning and conversations with consumers and other external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with a range of other functions (e.g., medical and regulatory affairs, legal, advocacy, professional education, R&D, etc.) as a way to drive and influence patient-centered, science-based strategies and programs to drive business objectives and overall reputation
- Develop partnerships with third party-organizations and professionals (e.g., NGOs) as needed to shape the environment for eye health and new contact lens innovation
- Collaborate with Brand and Sector (both Consumer and Medical Device) public relations colleagues as it relates to larger sector-wide communications opportunities with external stakeholders
- Protect and enhance the reputation and equity of Johnson & Johnson through strategic communications and issues management programs in partnership with cross-sector and cross-functional Enterprise teams
- A bachelor's degree in Communications or relevant discipline
- 8+ years of experience in communication with a focus on branded PR campaigns, media relations, issues management, and employee engagement
- Experience working in highly regulated environment and a demonstrated understanding of the US FDA
- Experience in delivering measurable business outcomes for both professional- and consumer-facing PR programs across a wide range of channels (events, earned, owned, social, paid etc.)
- Experience managing large-scale ($1MM +) branded PR campaigns is
- Success working in a matrix environment and driving results through influence
- Experienced judgment in launching new products and is sought after as an expert
- Experience handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced and matrix environment with an ability to navigate ambiguous situations
- Current or previous experience overseeing agency partners
- Experience in the medical device or pharmaceutical arenas
- Current or previous PR agency experience
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)