Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Next Generation Targeting Technologies
Requisition ID: 6515191009
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Next Generation Targeting Technologies located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Senior Scientist is a laboratory leadership position within the antibody engineering group. The successful candidate in partnership with different therapeutic areas (TA) including oncology, immunology, metabolic diseases, neurology and infectious diseases, will play a key role in the discovery and development of novel antibody-based targeting technologies by applying rational design and engineering approaches to optimize the properties of therapeutic candidates, including antibody humanization, modulation of immune effector function, affinity and other biophysical attributes, and evaluation of alternative antibody-based multispecific formats. The scope of this position encompasses:
- Help advance lead molecules into clinic by providing functional support to various discovery programs in the area of therapeutic lead selection, humanization, optimization, and format development.
- Lead a team to design sequences and building of universally compatible vectors to support all large molecule, and viral vector-based therapeutics
- Develop workflows for high-sensitivity, high-throughput cell-based immunogenicity assays to support Janssen’s large molecule and cell therapies in clinic development.
- Help establish next generation multispecific platform.
- Lead portfolio project(s) from idea through IND-readiness in partnership with therapeutic area leadership
- Lead and execute molecular biology, such as in silico sequence fitness assessments, PCR-based cloning, construct design, library and/or site-directed mutagenesis strategies for the biologic’s portfolio
- Lead and supervise research activities of other junior laboratory scientist(s)
- Present and defend scientific findings in cross-functional project teams/initiatives, drafts protocols and reports
- PhD in molecular biology, bioengineering, biochemistry, biophysics or a related discipline with 2-5 years of industrial experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Molecular Biology techniques is required
- Hands-on work experience in antibody engineering, affinity optimization with strong understanding of protein structure-function relationships is required.
- Clear communication skills in writing and presentation is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of automation systems and workflows for nucleic acid and protein workflows is preferred
- Understanding of high-throughput construct design, restriction-free and restriction-based cloning is preferred
- Evidence of material scientific accomplishments such as a peer-reviewed publication or patents is preferred
- Experience isolating and culturing immune cells from human blood/PBMCs is preferred
- Experience in execution of human primary cell-based ex vivo assays, particularly T cell activation and proliferation assays is preferred
- Hands-on experience with multi-color flow cytometry, multi-parameter cell staining and using BD Diva and FlowJo software for flow cytometry analyses is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)