Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 6514190207
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Graduate Co-op Scientist, in Cell & Developability Sciences to be located in Springhouse, PA. The term of this co-op assignment will be 6 months.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical and biotechnology company. As a world leader in the field of biomedicines, Janssen discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Protein based therapeutics are complex molecules that are subject to many chemical modifications that can impact product potency and safety to the patient. Located at our Springhouse, PA, the Cell & Developability Sciences group within the Discovery & Manufacturing Sciences organization has a state-of-the-art biological mass spectrometry facility for in-depth profiling of protein therapeutics. We are seeking a highly motivated Graduate Co-op Scientist to join our group at Janssen.
- Apply advanced mass-spectrometry methods to identifying post-translational modifications either of chemical or biological origin in early drug development.
- Apply multi-dimensional separation methods (2D-LC) interfaced with mass spectrometry for characterization of biologics and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs)
- Assist in the development of new workflows and technologies for host-cell protein analysis (HCPs) and ADCs
- Work with many different types of drug modalities (e.g. monoclonal antibodies, multi-specifics, vaccines and protein-drug conjugates) that provide unique challenges to analytical characterization
- Write reports to visualize and present results from the above
- Write scientific manuscripts for publication of results
- Candidates must have a minimum of one-year enrollment in a Doctoral degree program (e.g., PhD) in a relevant discipline such as analytical chemistry, chemical engineering, chemical instrumentation, proteomics or related field. Experience with mass-spectrometry is a plus but not required
- Candidates must have strong quantitative skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing (Desired Degree(s)).
- Candidates must be available to work full-time in the Springhouse, PA campus
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)