Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Market Research Hematology Oncology
Requisition ID: 6500190606
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Market Research Hematology Oncology, located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Senior Manager, Market Research Hematology Oncology is responsible for generating, integrating and translating insights and analytics into growth opportunities and tactics that shape decisions and drive organizational action within the Janssen Biotech, Inc. Oncology Business Unit.
This position will partner closely with the existing market research team and cross functional partners, while serving as an internal consultant to the Marketing & Sales teams. This position plays a key role in advising and counseling business partners in the development of new and existing business strategies and as a result, shares accountability for business results. This role will be lead professional, patient and payer market research efforts within the Hematology Oncology franchise.
- Lead the development and implementation of primary research plan for professional, patients and payers including developmental research (e.g. attitudinal segmentation, A&U studies, etc.,) and evaluative research (brand positioning, advertising & promotional copy, etc.).
- Leads design of an overall market research plan to address brand and or franchise strategic imperatives, identify appropriate supplier partners, foster strong partnerships in the context of resources, timing and overall project goals.
- Be accountable for conducting research activities in a compliant manner.
- Integrate primary research insights with analytical insights to build a comprehensive and holistic understanding of the market place and key business issues within the Oncology therapeutic area and translate these into business impact.
- Provide strategic input to help shape strategic and business plans, brand strategies and new indication launch plans and life cycle management.
- Focus on key business questions/issues and frame business problems into research plans.
- Apply basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact.
- Partner across the CIS team to integrate all information (custom, syndicated, forecasted and modeled) into strategies and organizational actions that drive tangible growth in revenue or profit.
- The ability to demonstrate leadership courage in order to set boundaries and ensure time is spent on the most critical/ high value projects is critical.
- Stay abreast of emerging healthcare & pharmaceutical industry trends and assess their potential impact on our franchise business strategies. Act with speed, agility and accountability.
- Cultivate meaningful internal and external partnerships, adding value and insights for the organization; being insight driven to uncover important unmet needs.
- Presents complex issues in a clear and persuasive manner effectively communicating recommendations to cross functional teams and brand team.
- Take personal accountability for making Credo-based decisions and fostering a Credo-based culture.
- The position may allow for the management of up to 2 direct reports.
- BA/BS required; Advanced degree desirable.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant business experience in market research, business intelligence, marketing, sales, or business analytics, strategic planning, management consulting.
- Diversity of experience is preferred, with demonstrated learning agility in order to be able to move across different types of markets such as primary care/retail or specialty markets.
- Oncology experience is preferred but not required.
- Business/market experience and industry knowledge to influence franchise/brand level decisions and strategies are required.
- People management experience preferred.
This position is based in Horsham, PA and requires up to 20% domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)