Janssen Pharmaceutical, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist. The position will be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
We are seeking a Principal Scientist to join the tissue inflammation group with Immunology Discovery. The successful candidate will shape and execute strategies to advance drug discovery programs across the Immunology portfolio, with a focus on the role of stromal and parenchymal cells in the regulation of inflammation and tissue homeostasis. People management, including coaching, mentoring and managing people for performance and scientific growth, is a key aspect of this position.
- Shape and execute scientific strategies for target identification and validation, drug discovery, combination therapy approaches, and indication expansion activities related to tissue-driven mechanisms of rheumatologic, dermatologic and gastroenterologic diseases
- Independently manage and mentor scientists, design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot and suggest next steps
- Work closely with colleagues from partnered functions to deliver high quality clinical candidates
- Identify, develop and drive research collaborations with academic groups and external partners
- PhD in Immunology/Pharmacology/Cell Biology or related discipline with at least 5-7 years relevant pharmaceutical industry experience with progressively advanced responsibilities is required
- Experience leading/advancing drug discovery programs in inflammatory diseases is required
- Strong oral, written and fit-for-purpose communication skills are required
- Excellent collaboration and relationship building skills and the ability to work in a highly matrixed environment are required
- Previous supervisory experience of PhD level and non-PhD-level scientists is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)