Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, North America Market Insights
Somerville, New Jersey; Cincinnati, Ohio
Requisition ID: 6475181102
Ethicon, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Manager, North America Market Insights, located in Somerville, NJ or Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon franchise offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that surgeons use in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures, and energy based surgical devices.
Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, started more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
Learn more at www.ethicon.com or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
The Manager North America Market Insights is responsible for managing secondary market research, forecasting and analytics within the Global Business Insights (GBI) Center of Excellence (COE) team, in support of the North America team within the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies. Position will serve as a representative on Business Insight teams, serving as a key partner to cross functional teams. The Manager will work with North America and platform teams to manage market share, sizing and procedural analysis, and forecasting across platforms. This position will require a high degree of business acumen and understanding, and must be able to proactively recommend tools and techniques to support forecasting, secondary market sources, and marketplace understanding needs across the business. The Manager will have responsibility for managing, prioritizing, and executing strategic and tactical marketplace insight projects and activities
The Manager North America Market Insights will:
- Demonstrate an ability to manage, create, influence and execute high-impact tactical and strategic marketplace understanding and learning plans, including secondary research and strategic and tactical forecasting
- Demonstrate an ability to influence multiple stakeholders to ensure a high-level of team involvement in key business discussions
- Support Business Unit Team in
- Secondary insights and marketplace assessment solutions
- Flawless execution of all secondary insight activities required to drive success of the business and pipeline
- Proactively providing fact-based insights and analytics programs to address specific business needs
- Developing and implementing new innovative insights and business analytics tools , techniques and processes
- Provide foundational learning that helps to ensure that new products and programs are grounded in understanding of marketplace dynamics
- Support education and dissemination of existing knowledge estate and market information for key Platform cross-functional partners
- Support Senior Director, North America Global Business Insights in data integration to form the Platform Knowledge Estate
- Partner with the Advanced Analytics team to create and maintain best-in-class analytical and marketplace assessment practices
- BS or BA in is required.
- MBA or MS is preferred
- A degree business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field is highly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in secondary market research, forecasting, strategic insights, market research, business analytics, strategic forecasting, finance or a related field is required.
- Experience in the medical device, hospital specialty, or healthcare field is preferred.
- Proven track record of performance that demonstrates both strong personal and team leadership is required.
- Proven track record of managing in a matrix environment where a high degree of collaboration and influence is needed is required.
- Ability to lead support cross-functional teams (with strong influencing skills) is required
- Ability to understand, translate and integrate marketplace data and secondary data tools into actionable insights to drive decision-making is required.
- Working knowledge of and experience with secondary market research, primary market research, and forecasting is required.
- Some knowledge of competitive intelligence data is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in creative problem solving and team partnership is required.
- Due to the nature of the information reviewed in the role, candidate must demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and discretion is required
- Ability to begin to synthesize disparate data sources to provide an integrated insight view of the business is preferred
- Experience in Commercial Businesses preferred, but not required
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills are required.
- Strong project management skills in a deadline-oriented environment are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint, and analytical tools (SPSS, SAS or Tableau) is required.
- Up to 25% domestic travel may be required.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)