Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist, Antibody V Region Cloning ( 1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 6471190606
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist, Antibody V Region Cloning located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
In this laboratory based position, the Associate Scientist in our Biotherapuetics will join the Antibody Generation group to perform hands-on Antibody V region cloning activities to support discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies, bispecifics and CAR-T.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery and molecular engineering of Biotherapeutics for unmet medical needs. You will be an integral member of the Antibody V gene cloning group and the Scientist role would include:
- Molecular biology tasks such as PCR-based cloning, construct design, RNA purification, RT-PCR, expression vector engineering etc.,
- High Throughput V gene recovery from Hybridomas or single B cell(SBC) platform
- Computational expertise in DNA sequence analysis and in silico cloning
- Independently presents/defends scientific findings in cross-functional project teams/initiatives, drafts protocols, SOPs, technical reports etc.
- M.S in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, immunology or a related discipline with 1-3 years of experience experience OR a BS degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or related discipline with 2-4 years of experience is required (preferably in industry setting)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the current Molecular Biology techniques in the realm of Antibody/Protein Engineering, hands-on experience with high-throughput construct design, restriction-free and restriction-based cloning is required
- Clinical/Preclinical discovery of antibody based biotherapeutics in an industrial setting is preferred
- Hands on experience with bispecific and/or CAR-T scaffold design, engineering and profiling is preferred
- Hands-on experience in HTP-based binding assays (such as ELISA, SPR, MSD) and/or cell-based (Intellicyt/iQue) for screening antibody variants is preferred
- Hands on experience in Phage or Yeast Display technology for discovery and/or optimization is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)