Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, PK/PD Biologics Development Sciences (1 or 2)
Requisition ID: 6469191002
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, PK/PD Biologics Development Sciences located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The PK/PD Scientist primarily supports preclinical, translational and early clinical development of therapeutic biologics across all Therapeutic Areas. As a key player of the BDS team, the position will address critical PK and PK/PD related questions to enable time-appropriate decision-making for early stage biologic programs. The responsibilities of this position also include active participation on pertinent Compound Development Teams (CDTs) and other project teams across all phases of drug research and development.
The scope of this exciting position encompasses:
- Development of mechanism-based modeling and simulation to guide drug design, experimental study design/analysis and rational human dose selection
- Drive for innovation by identifying critical knowledge gaps and leveraging internal/external expertise to address these gaps
- Representation of BDS in cross-functional project teams
- Contribution to relevant sections of internal and regulatory submission documents for biologics
- Presenting and publishing scientific data at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals
- A PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Engineering (eg, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering), Applied Mathematics, Pharmacology, or Biological Sciences OR a PhD expected within 6 months in the above-mentioned disciplines OR a MS in the above-mentioned disciplines with at least 5 years of experience is required
- Extensive experiences with quantitative approach in describing PK/PD systems using preclinical and/or clinical data and demonstrated ability to apply quantitative tools to enable rational and efficient drug development are required
- Proficiency in WinNonlin/Phoenix is preferred; NONMEM or other modeling and simulation software (eg, monolix, matlab, ADAPT, R) is required
- Broad experience in mechanism-based PK/PD research of biologic therapeutics is strongly preferred
- Experience in biologics and/or small molecules drug development is preferred
- A strong publication record is highly preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)