Your job alert was successfully created.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist in Discovery Immunology, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The role is for an individual with a strong scientific background in the field of immunology or a related biological science. The primary responsibilities of this role will be to actively engage in early discovery efforts, to validate the biology of novel targets, and to develop and implement cell-based assay that support screening of potential drug candidates and mechanism of action studies. The Senior Scientist will be part of a broader team focused on immune mechanisms and pathways that drive the pathogenesis of Autoimmune and Inflammatory Diseases within the Immunology Discovery group. This individual will provide scientific leadership to research associates within the broader team and interface with internal and external partners to enable the discovery of novel therapeutics.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Ability to take ownership of areas of biology and work independently, design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps to deliver on project goals and timelines.
• Participate in setting project objectives for team members.
• Supervising PhD and non-PhD scientists internally and at CROs.
• Interact with colleagues often requiring coordination across multiple groups.
• Collaboratively work in a matrix environment, present data and innovative ideas, both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and leadership.
• Work in a collaborative environment where ideas and science can be respectfully challenged to drive excellence and innovation. Contribute to building a culture of scientific excellence, urgency to continuously learn and stay on the leading-edge of immunology.
• Work to grow Immunology Discovery group’s reputation by both publishing research in high-tier journals and presenting at external meetings.
• PhD in Immunology, Biological Sciences or related discipline with 5-7 years of post-doctoral and 2 plus years of industry experience is required.
• Strong track record of publications in well-known Immunology journals is required.
• Expertise and state of the art knowledge in various functional immunological assays, multiple color flow cytometry and molecular biology is required.
• Previous mentoring and supervision of scientists is required.
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills is required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)