Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Global Communications - Consumer
Requisition ID: 6463190201
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Manager, Global Communications - Consumer to be located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Manager, Global Communications - Consumer will contribute to communications efforts around some of the most high-profile topics impacting our Consumer business including litigation, brand and public affairs. The Manager will support efforts to develop and implement 360-degree communication strategies to internal and external stakeholders around the world, reporting to Director, Global Issues Management.
- Serve as strategic partner leading communications efforts around some of the most high-profile topics impacting our Consumer business including litigation, brand and public affairs.
- Support efforts to develop and implement global communication strategies to internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain a deep understanding of current issues in the environment impacting the Consumer business and its brands, as well as the broader enterprise.
- Develop position statements and communication strategies to address issues.
- Maintain stakeholder trust through effective management of issues.
- Liaise directly with the media as spokesperson for J&J Consumer on select topics.
- Support internal communications as needed to drive understanding and support of external strategy.
- Manage cross-functional working groups to gather information and drive/influence strategy.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications, Regional/Local Brand Communicators and Public Affairs teams to ensure seamless issue management.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 8-10 years of experience in an agency and/or matrix corporate environment required.
- Experience with global brand communications and corporate communications is required.
- Experience managing global issues with proven examples of strategic thinking, strong judgement and analytical ability is required.
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a matrix environment and driving results through influence is required.
- Exercise independent judgement in challenging, complex situations.
- Ability to lead with limited direction by connecting with colleagues and stakeholders to gather information needed.
- Strong media relations experience required.
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills are required.
- Able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment is necessary.
- Forward thinker who takes initiative, can work independently and adjust to feedback is required.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written is required.
- This role is based in New Brunswick, NJ but requires the flexibility to travel 20%.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)