Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Analyst – Strategic Insights and Analytics- Foundational Insights - Johnson and Johnson Vision
Requisition ID: 6443190605
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently seeking a Sr. Analyst, Strategic Insights and Analytics – Foundational Insights to be based in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Analyst, Strategic Insights and Analytics, Foundational Insights, has the responsibility as JJV’s Global lead for designing, building and executing our Foundational primary research, and ensuring Global Truths of Contact Lenses category are fully integrated and executed to drive JJV business in an on-going basis. He/She will also explore novel ways to drive deeper, faster and more actionable insights and analytics into our organization, enabling JJV transformation from a product to a product + experience company.
He/She will support the Sr Manager, Strategic Insights and Analytics Health of the Business (HOB) to develop and expand an integrated approach to measure Health of Business + Foundational insights merging data, primary market research with additional sources for insight mining as syndicated measurement tools, social, digital and customer generated data. He/she will drive the focus on outcomes by identifying, testing & scaling up innovative & agile analysis tools & processes that don’t just rely on traditional methods to drive speed of fact-based decision making across the franchise. He/she will set up a rigorous cadence of deep dives and reporting that will help JJV to quickly identify areas of opportunities and strengths.
He/she will need to ensure all foundational insights and deep dives are performed with a global mindset, while considering implications across individual markets to build a strategic plan in coordination and partnership with several key stakeholders including global and regional strategic marketing, R&D, regional SI+A, Media Agencies, etc.
- Evaluate business questions to appropriately develop, shape and deliver integrated learning plans for foundational insights by identifying knowledge gaps and prioritizing key business questions through syndicated or primary research. - Prepare research brief after distilling marketing questions/problems by defining research/analysis objectives, develop & recommend appropriate research/analysis methods to answer specific research objectives with strong knowledge of research design (quantitative & qualitative techniques), strongly focusing on new novel market research/analysis approaches.
- Responsible for planning, directing, overseeing and providing through leadership rich insights based on Foundational studies and additional data sources showing solid skills on connecting the dots, data mining and visualization, and storytelling.
- Interpret and integrate research data, draw conclusions/implications and translate into actionable business decision recommendations.
- Understand drivers of the business and independently applies business analysis to enhance understanding and decision making. Use understanding of market and competitive landscape to diagnose business performance and identify focused business issues to bring to the forefront.
- Synthesizes knowledge from multiple sources and creates meaningful interpretations and recommendations that address business issues. Employs understanding of brand/ marketing fundamentals to understand brand health and assist in marketing plans and brand strategies development.
- Drives selection of appropriate provider and ensure creation of effective research design and materials. Coordinates activities with project teams, procurement, countries and agencies to ensure timely execution of project activities.
- Develops market performance dashboards and reports as necessary.
- Collaborate relentlessly with the entire SI-A network to cross-fertilize insights and drive strategies and actions. Integrate insights across the entire SIA network, and leverage work conducted by SIA peers to enrich foundational insights content.
- Development of a credo-based company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing research and analytics or related field with a Master’s degree or 5+ years’ experience in marketing research and analytics or related field with a Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven track record of working in a matrix environment requiring a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Technical market research and analytical experience in quantitative and qualitative ad hoc research techniques and syndicated business analyses. Understands how to collect business questions, define hypothesis to tackle business challenge, design and execute research/analysis, and revert results to influence key stakeholders.
- Communication skills; ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely while influencing peers/stakeholders to impact decision-making; willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply analytics to solve business issues.
- Experience in developing innovative and agile approaches to consolidate a solid story for insights generation while mining key data sources as Primary market research, Retail Audit, Syndicated data, Inventories, Customer KA data and social/digital/mobile trends across several markets (required).
- Strong experience in partnering with multifunctional teams to understand key business questions, create hypothesis, analyse data sets in combination with a learning plan to provide results with agility, connecting insights to actions.
- Strong experience managing vendors and partners for market research/syndicated data creating solid partnerships that will enhance our insights discovery is required.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time is required.
- Consumer packaged goods or medical device experience, preferred.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: North America-United States-Florida-Jacksonville
Organization: Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.
Job: Strategic Insights and Analytics.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)