Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Controls /Automation Engineer ~Jacksonville, Florida
Requisition ID: 6427180318
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Senior Controls Engineer to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Vistakon® Division of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc., specializes in disposable contact lenses, which it markets under ACUVUE® Brand contact lenses. Ever since ACUVUE® transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. We're proud that ACUVUE® lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
The Senior Controls Engineer performs a variety of engineering functions requiring a wide diversity of technical knowledge involving automation / controls improvement and supporting the introduction of new equipment and new products into manufacturing production. Ensures that manufacturing equipment meets company specifications, schedules and budgets. Takes a primary position in activities involved with sub-contractors from beginning of design process through installation and start-up processes. Serves as a resource to other engineering disciplines in facility or a portion of a given technology. Acts as advocate for continuous improvement of technology and process.
- Identifies, plans and executes projects (both major and minor) involved with software automation & controls improvement. (25%)
- Qualifies new equipment controls and performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet appropriate and applicable engineering/government standards. (15%)
- Participates in troubleshooting and resolving equipment, systems, and process problems to prevent the occurrence of product nonconformity. Provides guidance to other Engineers, Associates, and line technicians in troubleshooting efforts. (20%)
- Identifies key opportunities to develop and implement new software and/or controls that will improve efficiency, product yield and safety. (20%)
- Identifies key areas and provides technical training and support. (10%)
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management. (10%)
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or related discipline is required.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience working with automated controls systems in a highly automated, regulated manufacturing environment is required.
- Knowledge in programming, integrating and troubleshooting PLC, and SCADA platforms in a high speed discrete manufacturing environment is required.
- Knowledge of Rockwell Automation RsLogix5000, Siemens S7, Siemens APT, Pilz PSS WinPro, Wonderware InTouch, Wonderware Industrial Application Server is highly desired.
- Experience with motion control (servo systems, robotics etc), Domino laser printing and Cognex vision systems, fieldbus communications (Profibus, DeviceNet, ASi etc), and Safety PLCs is desired.
- Ability to work in a cross functional/matrix team environment is required.
- Change management and project management experience in a highly regulated environment is required.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- This position requires a highly motivated self-starter
This position will be located Jacksonville, FL. This position could have up to 10% travel both domestic and/or international.
BE VITAL in your career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)