Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) Specialist
Requisition ID: 6412180604
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the J&J Family of Companies is recruiting for a Staff Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) Specialist to be based out of Spring House, Pennsylvania.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Under the direction of the Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability Manager, the Staff EHS&S Specialist will plan and execute projects and programs in support of EHS&S compliance at the Janssen R&D site at Spring House, PA. This role will be responsible for ensuring the assigned EHS&S programs are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS&S regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS&S Standards. This role will have a strong focus on occupational safety and environmental compliance.
- Develop and implement operational procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate standards and to achieve sustainability goals.
- Compile and report monthly, quarterly, and annual EHS&S metrics.
- Perform routine assessments based on J&J EHS&S standards to identify program specific deficiencies and areas of risk.
- Prepare audit reports/corrective action plans and collaborate with key stakeholders to implement corrective measures.
- Develop EHS&S objectives for the assigned programs - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
- Develop, implement, and deliver EHS&S training for assigned EHS topics, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires.
- Support and facilitate site EHS&S committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS&S program.
- Partner with local management to develop and implement corrective and preventative actions to address EHS&S program deficiencies and ensure EHS&S regulatory compliance.
- Collaborative team player
- Results orientated: Has a track record of tangible improvements
- Problem solver
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or another Technical Field is required.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience is required.
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania DEP and EPA environmental regulations/standards is required.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations/standards is required.
- Proven experience in presenting and providing training and instruction to mid to large size audiences is required.
- Experience interfacing with associates, regulatory authorities, local, state & federal inspectors is preferred.
- Organizational skills – on-time generation of all required reports & record keeping systems.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS&S hazards in the workplace.
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- This position is located in Spring House Pennsylvania and will require up to 10% travel locally.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Environmental Health & Safety