Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineer (Automation Controls)-Ethicon-Texas
Requisition ID: 6406180124
Ethicon, Inc. a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for an Engineer (Automation Controls), located in San Angelo, TX.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts assignments encompassing complete projects or portions of major projects.
- Determines methods and techniques to be used or adapts standard methods to meet variations.
- Coordinates phases of work with outside vendors or other divisional contacts.
- Responsible for design, development and installation of PLC based control systems for high-speed production equipment.
- Successfully direct and/or coordinate the activities of others assigned to assist in specified projects.
- Investigate product inquiries, develop and implement appropriate corrective actions
- Build Subject Matter Expertise on technology as needed
- Provide Platform Ownership of multiple equipment types, including equipment reliability.
- Coordinate and plan for day-to-day activities of wage associates.
- Comply with
all environmental, safety and occupational health policies. (i.e.,
ISO14001 & OSHAS18001)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience or equivalent knowledge and skills to perform the position responsibilities is required.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in manufacturing/design engineering is preferred.
- Experience with PLC's, vision systems, CIM, robotics and automation is preferred.
- Hands on experience with automation assembly equipment is preferred
- Green Belt Certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA, BSI, ISO, GMP requirements is preferred.
- The ability to work overtime, off-shift hours and some holidays as needed by business is required.
- This position is located in San Angelo, TX may require up to 10% travel (domestic and international).
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Texas-San Angelo
Ethicon Inc. (6045)