Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Principal Engineer Electrical in Santa Ana, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
You will be directly responsible for leading the development of new and innovative technologies, treatments, solutions, and products. Participates on a high caliber multi-functional team to drive innovative approaches to product development. Performs high level research and development functions supporting the development of new products and processes.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
The Principal Electrical Engineer will:
• Design and develop Electrical Medical Devices with an emphasis on Analog and Mixed Signal Systems used in new product and technology development of Surgical Systems following Design Controls for Quality System Regulations. This includes characterization testing, analysis and debugging/troubleshooting.
• Perform early analysis and project definition of electrical engineering. projects. This includes early design, prototyping and feasibility analysis.
• Take a lead role in the architectural structure and development of projects and insures overall architecture integrity.
• Perform high level circuit simulations and modeling.
• Design and layout PCBs.
• Designs and documents custom tools and simulations to support document control and tool release.
• Mentors other engineers to promote career advancement.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.Qualifications
• A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, science, or closely related discipline, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence is required.
• A post-graduate education/degree is desired and may contribute towards the desired years of experience is preferred.
• A minimum of 8+ years of in electro-mechanical medical device design, firmware development and electrical engineering required.
• Has demonstrated ability to develop new electrical designs is required.
• Possesses a strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures is required.
• Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors is required.
• Exercises discernment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action is required.
• Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators is required.
• Listens to and understands others' points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one's own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations is required.
• Works well with other specialists in a collaborative, dynamic goal-driven environment is required.
• Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences is required.
• Experience in compliance testing – i.e. 60601; safety & regulatory is required.
• Some experience in CPLDs, FPGAs, fluidics, ultrasonic drives or RF is preferred.
• Has proven competency with the following tools: i.e. Oscilloscope, Multimeter, logic analyzers, schematic tools, Code Warrior, National Instruments LabVIEW, MATLAB Simulink; C/C++ is required.
• Ability to travel up to 10% is required
Johnson & Johnson is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or
protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
United States-California-Santa Ana-Organization
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)Job Function