Johnson & Johnson Careers
NATIONAL SALES DIRECTOR
Requisition ID: 6383190213
National Sales Director, Infectious Disease – Janssen Pharmaceuticals
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.(Infectious Disease), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is an organization driven by dedication to product innovation, customer focus and employee and enterprise excellence. The President of Janssen Infectious Disease is recruiting for a National Sales Director, to be based in Titusville, New Jersey.
Born from the legacy of our namesake, Dr. Paul Janssen, whose discoveries transformed the treatment and care for those with serious mental health illness, Janssen Neuroscience works to heal minds and restore hope for people living with serious brain disorders. We collaborate with doctors, caregivers and people living with schizophrenia and other psychiatric and neurological disorders to improve health outcomes for those we serve and advance solutions that address critical needs. Learn more about these efforts at www.janssen.com/neuroscience. Follow us at www.twitter.com/JanssenUS.
Our goal is to build on our leadership position in major existing therapeutic categories, while pioneering and taking the lead in new categories. We actively identify and pursue innovative business opportunities. We create partnerships that contribute to mutual success. People are our strength and the source of our growth. We are committed to providing a diverse, dynamic and challenging work environment where associates and their ideas can develop and thrive. Our focus on customers, partners, people and innovation creates sustainable, profitable growth and shareholder value. Our business practices reflect the responsibilities expressed in the Johnson & Johnson Credo.
The National Sales Director (NSD) is a pivotal position for Infectious Disease. Highly effective leadership, a strong commitment to patients and customers, and a track record of delivering results is vital to our success in achieving our vision and executing our mission. We are focused on industry leading customer service, launch excellence, and superior results across our portfolio of products. The role of the NSD is crucial to helping our sales force develop and execute such capabilities as customer expertise, business insight, and collaboration -- all of which help position us as a trusted and valued partner to our customers, ensuring that we outperform the competition. The NSD must embody the trust and respect that serves as the foundation for our culture of engagement.
The National Sales Director (NSD) is a critical member of the Infectious Disease Leadership team and reports to the Infectious Disease President. This NSD role is one of two on the leadership team and is responsible for the demand generation team, Sales Learning, and Field operations organization.
The NSD will be responsible for Strategic Planning and Delivery of Business Results. He/she will establish and execute a comprehensive and winning business plan for the Business Unit which aligns Franchise and Brand Strategy with current and future market conditions, to drive superior business results. This individual will identify, and coordinate internal and external (CSO) resources, monitor operating expenses, and maintain key relationships essential to achieving growth and profitability targets, regardless of market conditions.
The NSD will proactively lead the team in achieving and exceeding goals with strong collaboration with business partners and resources across Janssen. This person will partner with Talent Acquisition and Talent Management to ensure we have the best organization possible. He/she will elevate the sales team to a high performance, outcomes-focused, organization where diversity and inclusion are valued, and where the team's skills, knowledge, and abilities continually evolve to meet future needs. The role will consistently strive to achieve performance excellence. The NSD will develop, partner with others, and apply next generation analytics, cultivate innovation, leverage knowledge of the marketplace, clinical, and customer expertise to ensure business success and customer service excellence.
- Undergraduate degree (B.A. /B.S. required); Masters in related field or M.B.A is preferred.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of success with a minimum of 10 years cross functional experience in key Commercial & Sales Leadership roles (ex. Sales, marketing, strategic marketing, payer/access experience, analytics, international experience, NBD).
- Must have extensive, diverse cross functional experience, including a minimum 4 years brand marketing and/or strategic marketing.
- Very strong direct people management / leadership experience required, including prior experience leading management level teams is required.
- Prior experience in sales as either a professional sales representative, DM or RBD is preferred.
- Demonstrated capabilities and traits for career path versatility to progress to other key roles are preferred.
- Ability to lead, develop, coach and engage high performing, diverse teams is required.
- Very strong communication skills.
- Very strong demonstrated leadership skills consistent with the J&J Leadership Imperatives (Connect / Shape / Deliver / Lead).
- Demonstrated high level of commercial capabilities and clear cycles of success in prior commercial roles.
- Ability to maximize business opportunities and insights.
- Strong ability to innovate, collaborate and deliver results.
- Significant travel (approximately 30%-40%) including sales and medical meetings, training, key customer and field visits.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)