Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Process and Maintenance Engineering Manager
Requisition ID: 6382180319
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
DePuy Synthes is currently recruiting for Process and Maintenance Engineering Manager to be located in Warsaw, IN.
The purpose of this role is to lead and run the Engineering and Technical Services functions within budget and to plan within the manufacturing plant at DePuy Synthes Warsaw using best practice technologies and latest / breakthrough technologies. The core purpose of the role is to lead and execute the process and Maintenance Engineering functions. The role will require the use of project management, lean manufacturing, six-sigma, manufacturing maintenance excellence and innovation management principles and tools within the site, and will be accountable for the execution of elements of global engineering and technology strategies.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Organization & Talent Development
1. Actively participate in the development and implementation of the Company’s strategic imperatives / objectives.
2. Develop and implement the Engineering and Technical Services functions strategic imperatives in-line with the Plant strategic imperatives / objectives.
3. Develop and lead world-class Engineering and Technical services functions.
4. Manage, develop and lead departmental staff in a manner that will facilitate employee development, identifying training needs, stretch assignments and opportunities for development.
5. Create and maintain an environment of innovative continuous improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction, process development and supply.
6. Ensure all Engineering and Technical Services associates adopt and live the Behavioural Standards.
7. Continuous Improvement Focus
BUSINESS RESULTS & PERFORMANCE
1. Ensure the Engineering and Technical Services functions conform to Corporate, Franchise, Statutory, Legislative and Regulatory requirements for GMP, HSE and Quality.
2. Ensure regular communication of business performance/issues to all relevant employees.
3. Ensure responsibilities under the Quality System as defined in the Quality Manual are attained and maintained by Engineering and Technical Services employees.
4. Ensure all HSE requirements are fulfilled in accordance with the responsibilities defined in the Company Safety Statement and Environmental policy and actively promote Health & Safety within the Engineering and Technical Services functions, ensuring Health & Safety is a goal for all direct / indirect reports.
5. Manage function expenses, variable costs and plant capital to budget.
6. Ensure business transformation is accepted and supported by the Engineering and Technical services functions.
7. Lead Site Wide Ergonomics team to ensure all potential risks are proactively handled.
COLLABORATION & TEAMING
1. Work as a strategic partner with all other departments to develop DePuy Synthes Warsaw as a Best in Class orthopedics plant and a flagship company within J&J.
2. Provide leadership within the Engineering and Technical Services functions that will deliver superior business results in-line with objectives.
3. Ensure there is close collaboration between associates in Engineering, R&D, Production, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Planning, Materials, etc when introducing new products and / or making product changes.
4. Actively participate in / lead Depuy Synthes/ MD&D Engineering and Technical Services initiatives.
Engineering & Technical Services Function
1. Ensure Job Safety Analysis for equipment / processes that are either new or changed are completed and that existing equipment / processes are periodically reviewed
2. Develop Capital Investment requirements for the business that will drive cost improvement and increased capacity.
3. Ensure all CIP / Capital investment projects are reviewed in relation to effect on current / future working practices.
4. Ensure financial justifications for new Plant & Equipment meet internal / franchise / J&J requirements where appropriate.
5. Ensure Standard times for products are developed, reviewed and ratified on a frequent basis (at least yearly).
6. Ensure all engineering / Technical services activities within the company are co-ordinated in-line with production requirements.
7. Ensure tooling / fixturing and machine programmes are effectively designed / developed in conjunction with design and Production to achieve cost effective production and safe working methods.
8. Keep up to date with latest thinking in terms of technologies and continue to develop knowledge of business by visiting machinery and equipment exhibitions, suppliers, seminars, etc.
9. Ensure the facility is maintained at a high level in terms of utilities, plant and equipment, replacing obsolete / inefficient plant and equipment where necessary.
10. Ensure energy and water consumption is monitored and develop strategies to offset increasing costs.
11. Ensure equipment and machinery is purchased in-line with HSE / Legal requirements.
12. Ensure all equipment / machines are maintained to factory standard and uptime is optimized.
13. Ensure all risks associated with the introduction of new products and / or processes are mitigated.
14. Ensure purchase orders are created and approved in-line with current good accounting / purchasing practices.
15. Develop capacity models for all value streams in conjunction with Operations & Materials, ensuring 20% excess capacity on all Business critical product lines
16. Maintain compliance to all QA / Regulatory / Corporate / SOX requirements and follow-up with internal and external audit findings.
17. Lead specific improvement initiatives to drive increased efficiency / reduced costs in the business
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science or a related Discipline
- A minimum of 8 years overall industrial engineering experience and minimum of 2 years of experience leading engineers or other technical personnel
- Minimum of 2 years Program and project management qualifications and expertise working with multi-functional teams in an engineering/operational environment
- Lean Manufacturing experience in a regulated environment
- Track record in business case development in a technical environment and associated record of significant improvements in industry
- Experience working within an FDA or Highly Regulated Industry
- Strong Leadership
- Change Management Skills (Change Integration Process).
- Assertive Influencing & Partnership/Teaming Skills
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment
- Experience working with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 10% domestic and international travel
- Masters in Business Administration and / or Engineering
- Previous experience within the Healthcare/Medical Devices Sector.
- Maintenance Engineering Experience
- Six Sigma certification
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)