Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist - Automation
Requisition ID: 6365190605
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist - Automation to join our Global Automation Team supporting the Biotherapeutics Development and Janssen Supply Chain QC organizations. This role is based in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
You will leverage scientific, automated liquid handling, and systems troubleshooting experience to integrate assay biology and chemistry with laboratory automation platforms or integrated systems within regulated and non-regulated laboratory environments. You will focus on developing and delivering automated assay solutions across Biotherapeutics Development and into the QC organization; Analytical technologies of interest include but are not limited to: cell-based bioassays, flow cytometry, immunoassays, qPCR, capillary electrophoresis, chromatography and peptide mapping. You will collaborate with laboratory automation team members and assay development SMEs to drive sample throughput and/or reduce hands-on time, time-to-result, repetitive strain, and assay variability by developing, troubleshooting, and supporting liquid handling workstation or workcell end-to-end assay solutions. You will be joining a dynamic environment that values innovation, leadership, customer focus, integrity, and scientific excellence.
• Collaborate with Analytical Development and QC Scientists in development of automated assay solutions/methods on various liquid handling or integrated systems
• Support automated methods development, qualification, validation, and transfer activities, which include performing experiments, and authoring protocols/reports
• Troubleshoot and resolve automation issues; support technical investigations
• Maintain liquid handling workstations or integrated systems
• Ensure the maintenance of laboratory notebooks and detailed records in compliance with applicable GxP, safety, or environmental requirements
• Ensure data integrity through the accurate and timely data capture and entry into appropriate systems
• Collaborate with QA and regulatory agencies during audits, as needed
• B.S. in Biology, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent with 4 years of experience within the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industries or an M.S. with 2 years of experience is required
• A passion for technical troubleshooting and creative thinking
• Experience in operation and troubleshooting of liquid handling platforms or integrated systems, such as Tecan, Hamilton, Beckman Coulter, Agilent/Velocity11, Thermo Scientific™, or HighRes® Biosolutions, etc. is required; Programming/scripting experience is highly desirable
• Experience performing biological and biochemical analytical techniques such as cell-based assays, immunoassays, qPCR, or chromatography is required; migration of bench techniques to automated systems is desirable
• Ability to identify/understand complex customer needs and help design solutions for laboratory workflows is required
• Experience executing evaluation and implementation of new and novel technologies or techniques is required
• Experience with analytical method development is required
• Experience with various programming languages, such as Visual Basic, C, C++, etc. is desirable
• Strong organizational and communication skills (both written and oral), with the ability to liaise with scientists, vendors, and external collaborators
• Experience working with multidisciplinary teams in a matrix environment
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)