Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Scientist, NMR-Metabolomics
Requisition ID: 6364171219
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, NMR Metabolomics to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a motivated and productive analytical chemist or biochemist at the PhD level with a strong understanding of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)-based metabolomics to work within a metabolomics group at our Spring House, PA site. The candidate will have experience designing studies and extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of NMR methods for analysis of biological samples and structural elucidation of small molecules. Knowledge of univariate and multivariate analysis of the results is essential. Bioanalytical and/or metabolomics publications are required. As the position involves multi-disciplinary efforts and external collaborations, good interpersonal skills are needed. The Scientist will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with Janssen therapeutic teams and/or external partners in designing, performing and interpreting metabolomics studies
- Preparation of various biological samples for NMR analysis, optimization of conditions, processing data, analyzing data and writing reports, and communicating results in a team environment
- Reviewing literature to support on-going discovery projects and submit new project proposals.
- Maintaining electronic laboratory notebook
- Publishing in high impact peer reviewed journals
- A PhD in chemistry or a related discipline with at least 5 years of hands on laboratory experience is required
- High impact publications are required
- Ability to conduct research experiments, including trouble shooting with minimal supervision is required
- Knowledge of NMR and related metabolomics software is required
- Experience using 2D NMR techniques for structural elucidation of small molecules is required
- Hands-on experience or familiarity with LC-MS metabolomics techniques is preferred
- Familiarity with Bruker NMR spectrometers and software is required
- Proficiency in data analysis of large data sets and writing reports is required
- A good understanding of biochemistry and pathway analysis is required
- Experience in drug discovery environment is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)