Johnson & Johnson Careers
Somerville, New Jersey; Somerville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 6363181127
The Ethicon business a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a for an Engineering Manager, located in Somerville, NJ
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
• Portfolio management of KTLO projects within the LCM governance process and portfolio.
• Communication to senior leadership on the status of the KTLO portfolio, project performance, business risks, and mitigations.
• Lead efforts to ensure quality, delivery, and reduce costs for improved product performance and business results.
• Lead cross-functional team in executing project objectives and product development according to a written, approved performance agreement.
• Work with partner groups to gain alignment and support to achieve project objectives.
• Capture and disseminate knowledge acquired during projects to improve product development processes and systems.
• Provide constructive feedback and coaching to team members; support personnel to assist in skills development.
• Ensure that domestic and global market strategy, assumptions, business opportunities are measured and periodically reviewed throughout duration of project execution.
• Develop comprehensive project plans.
• Provide direct communication to management on progress, opportunities and issues.
• Obtain resources from functional organizations, support groups and outside sources to ensure project success.
• Continuously re-evaluate project to determine validity of concept assumptions.
• Foster teamwork within team, between team, and other groups.
• Provide career development guidance to direct reports.
• Supervise direct reports.
BA/BS in engineering, science, or related technical field required,
MBA or advanced technical degree desirable
Experience and Skills:
• A minimum of 7 years of medical device or pharmaceutical industry experience is required.
• Experience in medical device or pharmaceutical manufacturing desired.
• Experience in the product development / marketing process, general or life cycle management is desired.
• Proven record of accomplishment: direct association with or leading efforts to develop technically complex products from concept to market.
• Experience leading teams and developing direct reports is preferred.
Fluency in English language is required.
Domestic and international travel, up to 40%.
PMP or other relevant professional certifications are desired.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)