Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Electrical Engineer, R&D
Santa Ana, California
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 6348190605
Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgical (JJVS) is recruiting for a Staff R&D Electrical Engineer located in JJVS is Santa Ana, California.
JJVS designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal. Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
The Staff Electrical Engineer is a professional, experienced in the development of electrical and electronics assemblies in medical devices, responsible to lead electrical design activities associated with all phases of product development; from concept and definition of requirements to prototype, including documenting design specifications, unit testing, and conducting system integration and verification test, to product commercialization and sustaining.
The Staff EE is responsible for medical device embedded system electrical hardware design and development. Using microprocessor or microcontroller based control systems, including but not limited to analog and digital circuit design, sensor and control circuit design, system interconnect and power distribution. This engineer will also be supporting product certification activities, including EMI/EMC/ESD testing, and safety testing
• Design development, integration and testing of electrical hardware, software and firmware subsystems for complex electro-mechanical medical devices
• Collaborate with other functional groups and external vendors as part of the technical multi-functional team developing detailed product requirements, engineering specifications, system architecture, detailed component specifications, verification and validation test protocols and reports, and supporting regulatory submissions of medical devices
• Design, integrate and test embedded medical devices
• Write electrical requirements, design and test documentation.
• Generate schematics, PCB layouts and BOMs
• Integrate firmware and electronics subsystems and mange interfaces and dependencies across the system
• Participate in identifying test strategy and generating detailed test protocols.
• Participate in defining requirements, risks and mitigation reviews, and ensure subsystem requirements meet system requirements and applicable quality and regulatory standards
• Follow a structured product development process and participate in technical reviews, ensuring design and documentation traceability, and confirming that design outputs meet design inputs.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering is required
• Minimum of 6 years of work experience with at least 3+ years of experience in Medical Device Product development life cycle and knowledge of design controls required
• Microcontroller experience is preferred
• Firmware / hardware integration is preferred
• Strong experience in embedded systems product development is required
• Experience with control systems is preferred
• Experience in multilayer signal PCB designs is required
• Strong hands-on skill on prototyping, board bring-up and problem solving is required
• Familiar with standards such as: Medical Electrical Equipment – EN 60601, Medical Device Software Standard – IEC 62304
• Ability to travel 10%
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc (6234)
R&D Engineering (R&D)