Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Scientist, High Throughput Screening (HTS)
San Diego, California
Requisition ID: 6348170721
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, High Throughput Screening (HTS), located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
The new Lead Discovery team is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences organization in Janssen R&D and is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
The Screening department within Lead Discovery is responsible for the delivery of small-molecule qualified hits for the initiation of hit-to-lead programs within the Therapeutic Areas. Major activities include HTS assay development, screening, and pharmacological profiling. The Screening Team collaborates closely with Janssen Therapeutic Areas and functional teams, the Innovation Centers, and external collaborators in academia and industry. We seek individuals with a strong ability to connect key stake holders for the delivery of goals and objectives, fostering an environment of collaboration, collegiality and positive communication, and who show superior performance in the context of a multidisciplinary, geographically disperse team.
The Scientist, (HTS) will:
· Lead the design and implementation of screening strategies that reflect the pharmacology to be modulated in subsequent hit-to-lead discovery programs.
· Develop assays in biochemical and cell based formats that are suitable for automated high-throughput screening in 384 or 1536-well formats.
· Perform high-throughput screens.
· Analyze and publish screening data including presentation at program team meetings.
· Develop innovative approaches to screening and hit triage using, for example, 3D cell culture, high-content imaging, phosphoprotein profiling or gene expression profiling.
· Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate.
· Publish research in high-quality journals as appropriate.
· PhD and postdoctoral experience in biochemistry, cell biology or molecular pharmacology or related areas is required.
· Expertise with biochemical and/or cell-based assays is required.
· Experience with primary cells is preferred.
· Expertise with methods such as luminescence, fluorescence, absorbance and radiometric detection is preferred.
· Publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals are required.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
· Expertise in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred.
· Experience working with and guiding external collaborators in industry or academia is preferred.
United States-California-San Diego
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)