Johnson & Johnson Careers
Return-To-Work - Associate Design Engineer (Re-Ignite)
Requisition ID: 6316190604
Did you take a break from the
professional world to pursue other priorities? Do you want to develop
technologies and create solutions that significantly improve patients' lives?
If you are an experienced, high-caliber engineer eager to return to engineering
after a break of two or more years, this “Re-Ignite Career Program is for you.
This four (4) month paid internship as part of our Re-Ignite Career Program will refresh your technical skills while you work with a market leader in healthcare. In addition to key job responsibilities, we provide technical training, professional development, and peer mentoring with full access to the R&D engineering community at Ethicon and the possibility of becoming a full-time employee after completion of the program with the most dynamic health care organization in the world, Johnson & Johnson.
Ethicon Endo- Surgery, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Design Engineer (Electrical, Mechanical, or Embedded Software), R&D, located in Cincinnati, OH for our Re-Ignite Career Program.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
This Design Engineer, Energy will work with internal and external teams to develop next-generation energy surgical instruments & systems for cutting and coagulating tissue. This position will lead the definition, design, development, implementation, and integration of these key surgical instruments.
This qualified individual will collaborate with internal and external customers, partners, and consultants to effectively communicate and deliver novel surgical instruments to market.
This program provides the opportunity
for professionals to get back into the workforce at a later life stage, and
offers a powerful return-to-work strategy for individuals.
This program is part of a large initiative to increase the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) talent pipeline driven by the Society of Women Engineers and iRelaunch, a career re-entry firm.
If you are ready to re-launch your career and are looking to grow and stretch with new opportunities, Re-Ignite Career Program is for you.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• A current career break from engineering of two (2) or more years, required
• An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, required
• Minimum of 3 years in Mechanical, Electrical, or Embedded Software product design, excluding internships, required.
• Previous experience working in a collaborative and diverse environment
• Experience designing, developing, and launching medical products is preferred.
• Strong engineering design and analysis skills is preferred
• The ability to develop and utilize system models, FMEA’s, tolerance analysis, FEA, DOEs, simulated use testing, and statistical analysis is preferred
• Excellent collaboration and teaming skills to work with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to understand the considerations associated with Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design to Cost (DTC), and working with other team members and consultants to produce prototypes and optimize designs for manufacturability is preferred.
• Understanding of quality system / regulatory environment is preferred.
• Designing test procedures, coordinating tests, analyzing results, and developing written reports is preferred.
• Project Management skills are required
• Understanding of design control; the ability to develop and execute design plans, design verification and validation is preferred
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to define and co-develop complex electro-mechanical device / system interfaces is preferred.
• This position is located in Cincinnati
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)