Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Occupational Health Nurse (Sr. OHN)
Requisition ID: 6310180709
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Occupational Health Nurse (Sr. OHN), within the Johnson & Johnson Global Health Services organization. The position will be based in Raynham, MA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 127,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Senior Occupational Health Nurse (Sr. OHN) will assist in coordinating a cross functional health and wellness team at Raynham and other supporting sites. Working alongside the Site Lead, Part Time Occupational Health Nurse, Senior Coordinator, EAP and Wellness staff, the team will be responsible for the provision of Global Health services including Occupational Medicine, Wellness & Health Promotion programs toward the goal of the healthiest workforce. The Sr. OHN will assist in assigning, supervising, and evaluating the work performance of the nursing staff in terms of patient care, staff relationships, efficiency of service and performance as directed by the Site Team Lead.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provides clinical healthcare services including: Nursing care for Injuries & illnesses, Case Management of Occupational Injuries and Illness, Medical Surveillance examination, Travel Health and general health education and health coaching.
• Responsible for compliance associated with occupational health at the locations they support including, applicable OSHA regulations and recordkeeping and J&J global health standards.
• Drives increased health outcomes including reducing population health risks, managing and eliminating workplace health risks and supporting improved business outcomes through advancing employee health and wellbeing.
• Responsible for Hearing, Vision, Sensitizer, and Spirometry Programs.
• Provides various preventive health evaluations and tests in accordance with Global Health policies and protocols.
• Provides support to the Medical Emergency Response Teams.
• Maintains and cultivates a safe working environment.
• Requires knowledge of the occupational hazards and treatment for exposures for assigned locations.
• Partners with other members of the Global Health team as well as Human Resources, EHS&S, and management partners to encourage an integrated team approach to solving problems.
• Participates in the development of Site Business plans supporting key Global Health initiatives.
• Assists in developing and administering the annual budget.
• Participates in the Employee Development Program process. Attends continuing education programs.
• On occasion support off site programs and evening shift.
• Current Registered Nurse license for the state of Massachusetts required.
• Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN/COHN-S) preferred.
• Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Nursing or ADN required. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
• Minimum of Three (3) years of Occupational Health Nursing / Employee Health Nursing or equivalent experience required.
• Minimum of Five (5) years of experience as a professional nurse required
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and people skills including the ability to motivate, cooperate and work effectively with others, and build partnerships with various departments required.
• Demonstrate skills such as empathy, ability to listen and manage stressful situations to support employees required.
• Demonstrate the ability to work effectively as a team and support the site team required.
• Proficiency with MS Office required.
• Proficient Phlebotomy skills required.
• Working knowledge of regulatory areas; i.e.; ADA, OSHA, FMLA, Workers' Compensation, STD/LTD required.
• BLS Healthcare CPR & AED Card required.
• Strong Case Management experience required
• Experience in Electronic Medical Recording required
• Documenting in an Electronic Medical Recording using S.O.A.P preferred.
• Management/Certification of Hearing Conservation Program (CAOCH), Spirometry Program preferred, but will be required within 6 months of hire.
• This position has a primary location in Raynham, MA with up to 10% domestic travel required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)