Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 6291191001
Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for a Sr. Electrical Engineering. This position will be located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
This Electrical Engineer is responsible for the system level design and hands-on implementation of new medical devices which comprise of electronics with digital and analog signal circuits, high power and electro-mechanical subsystems. The candidate will be a natural problem solver, able to work independently and contribute to all aspects of development, testing and document generation. This position is also responsible for troubleshooting, failure analysis (FA) and root cause analysis (RCA) at the system level with commercial tools and equipment
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Work with cross functional teams to identify the customer needs and develop system to meet these needs.
- Design experience and schematic capture of low-noise analog, power electronics, and high- speed digital signal integrity required.
- Develop system specifications, test plans, protocols, and reports for designs, including power, thermal, EMC, electrical safety and functional performance
- In collaboration with other EE and ME team members ensure that the product(s) meet IEC standards for medical devices in areas of IEC 60601, IEC-60601-1, EMI/EMC(60601-1-2) and IEC 60601-2-2
- In collaboration with internal customers, lead the multi-disciplinary design, prototype, and transfer-to-production of all System related tasks of robotic surgical medical systems.
- Provide engineering support for new product transfer to manufacturing, i.e. building prototypes, test fixtures and stations, failure and root cause analysis of failed electrical systems, sub-systems and components.
- BSEE/MSEE required
- 7+(BS) or 5+(MS) years of related experience required
- Expert knowledge in system level hardware design & development, analysis, architectures, reliability, and risk mitigation preferred
- Understand the electrical system interfaces such as EtherCAT, RS422/RS485, RS232, I2C, SPI, SSI, BiSS, USB preferred
- Excellent hands-on ability to build, debug, and modify the system and perform system failure analysis preferred
- Familiar with electronics lab instruments, such as oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyzers preferred
- Hands-on Experience and knowledge on defining system requirements required.
- Quality-minded and process-oriented (familiar with good manufacturing and documentation processes) preferred
- Electrical design experience of Printed Circuit Assemblies including digital (FPGA, microcontroller, RAM, Flash), analog, and power circuits desired.
- Working knowledge of medical devices and FDA regulations desired
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills are required
- Familiarity with Agile & JIRA is a plus
- Hands-on experience in PCB SMD soldering and rework is a plus
- Experience with Altium PCB design tools is a plus
- Medical Surgical Robotics experience is a Plus
- Hands-on IEC compliance experience a Plus.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)