Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Systems Engineer- Robotics and Controls
Requisition ID: 6289191001
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for a Sr. Systems Engineer- Robotics and Controls. This position will be located in Redwood City, CA.
The Sr. Systems Engineer – Robotics and Controls will contribute significantly to the development of Auris’ advanced robotic surgical system and robotic instruments. The ideal candidate will apply an interdisciplinary engineering approach to the design, implementation, and deployment of cutting-edge control algorithms for advanced robotic instruments. In addition, he/she will lead the efforts on systems and sub-systems requirements, hazard analysis and verification processes in accordance with the highly regulated medical devices industry.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Work with HW, SW and Clinical engineering teams to develop, evaluate, and deploy control algorithms for advanced instruments
- Make individual contribution in sub-system integration, bring-up, and characterization
- Provide technical leadership in system integration, testing, verification, and improvements
- Ensure electromechanical sub-systems, software, algorithms, and documentation meet all safety and regulatory compliance
- Establishing the best engineering practices in the full product development cycle for the entire team
- Other related duties as may be assigned
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, Computer Science and 2+ years of work experience in medical devices or other highly regulated industries OR PhD Degree in robotics, mechatronics, mechanical engineering and 0+ years of work experience in medical devices or other highly regulated industries will also be considered for this position
- Experience through full product development cycle of complex electromechanical systems, from initial concept to release to market
- Experience in modeling and control of complex electromechanical systems
- Deep knowledge of kinematics, dynamics, and system identification
- Proven ability of analytical problem solving and troubleshooting;
- Proven ability to provide guidance and direction to less experienced technical personnel required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)