Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, PET Biology - San Diego, CA
Requisition ID: 6260190201
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The PET imaging group at Janssen is committed to the discovery and validation of Positron Emission Tomography (PET) imaging agents for a number of different targets supporting all Therapeutic Areas (TAs). Our diverse team requires deep scientific expertise in many disciplines including chemistry, radiochemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, and imaging technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Scientist, PET Biology. This position will be based at our site in San Diego, CA.
The primary responsibility of the Scientist is to provide scientific and technical support for conducting research involving in vitro preclinical studies.
This laboratory-based position offers an exciting opportunity to engage in the discovery of new PET imaging agents and work closely and collaboratively in a team environment. The qualified scientist needs to independently execute in-vitro and in-vivo experiments, follow protocols, troubleshoot problems, interpret data, and communicate results.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in biochemistry, molecular/cell biology, immunology, biological engineering or related field is required.
- Two or more years (PhD) post-graduate research experience is an asset.
- At least 2 years of in-vivo and in-vitro experience is required.
- A strong proficiency in preclinical pharmacology and understanding in the use of in-vitro models for drug development is required.
- Any in-vivo imaging experience is a plus.
- Experience in the fields of oncology, cardiovascular disease or immunology, is preferred.
- Expertise with methods such as luminescence, fluorescence, high content approaches (imaging) and quantitative data analysis is required.
- Experience in preparation of tissue sections, immunohistochemistry, and autoradiography is preferred.
- Experience with cell culture is preferred.
- Must be comfortable spending a minimum 90% of time spent in the lab
- Should have a good internal/external network and publication record.
- Excellent presentation skills required
- This position is located in San Diego, CA.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)