Johnson & Johnson Careers
SR. MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
Requisition ID: 6250191001
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for a Sr. Mechanical Technician. This position will be located in Redwood City, CA.
The Senior Mechanical Technician will work with other members of the Advanced Development team to conceive, develop, prototype, test and debug novel robotic systems in accordance with established policies, goals, and objectives. The Technician must have experience in a manufacturing or R&D setting and have a proven ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Assemble various robotic prototypes and subassemblies, including projects with minimal direction.
- Assist in developing design improvements and assembly processes & fixtures for robotic devices.
- Utilize small hand tools and/or precision devices such as microscopes.
- Perform testing and experimentation.
- Communicate status of R&D activities and make any recommendations to project team members and other functional team members.
- Support experimentation to uncover key relationships between process variables and product performance.
- Support process and equipment qualification work.
- Support product design which meets requirements regulated by FDA, UL, CE, and other governing bodies as defined by management.
- Maintain work areas, Research & Development equipment and all areas utilized by lab, along with other relevant individuals. Duties as required or directed as necessary for achieving overall company goals.
- Develop Manufacturing Process Instructions as necessary.
- Share knowledge and training with other operators/assemblers to improve process and techniques.
- Maintain curiosity and a willingness to learn.
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
- Maintain corporate confidentiality at all times.
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively.
- High school diploma or GED, AA preferred.
- 5 years of experience as a Mechanical Technician.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly communicate concepts to other individuals and teams.
- Familiarity with manual machine tools (mill and lathe) a plus.
- Ability to solder at a prototype level.
- Understanding of fastener and torque tools.
- CAD experience a plus.
- Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)