Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 6249191001
Auris Health, Inc. is recruiting for a Electronics Technician. This position will be located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
The Electronics Technician will work closely with the engineering team supporting system and sub-system assembly in areas related to electronics/hardware, rework of printed circuit boards (PCB’s), and cable/wire harness assembly. Auris is seeking a highly motivated individual that is a self-starter and wants to be a critical part of the team’s success. As part of the Advanced Development team, you will be given the opportunity to learn new skills and develop your professional career.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• PCB rework involving SMT and hot-air soldering for chip-level replacement
• Cable and wire harness assembly – must know how to crimp and assemble a variety of cables
• Test assembled PCB’s and sub-system assemblies given a detailed set of instructions
• Assist in electronics lab management, inventory organization, and other general lab duties
• Troubleshoot electronic systems to determine potential causes of the issue
• Work with engineering to document changes and track errors in schematics and bill of materials
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
• 5+ years of experience as an electronics technician working in a relevant
• Minimum requirement of high school diploma or GED, AA preferred
• Can read and interpret schematics and cable drawings
• Understands and follows best ESD practices when handling and working with PCB’s
• Collaborates and effectively communicates with the engineering team to improve designs
• Must have a demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals and teams.
• Comfortable working with and seeking optimum solutions with other team members, as well as team members in adjacent disciplines.
• Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
Education, And Experience
• IPC-A-610 and/or IPC/WHMA-A-620 certification (current or past) is a big plus
• Advanced technical degree from a technical institution
• Knowledgeable in electronics and PCB design principles
• Hands on experience with PCB design tools
• Familiarity in working with PCB manufacturers and managing PCB builds
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)