PRINCIPAL SCI COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY
Your job alert was successfully created.
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist – Computational Biology, Translational Science (TS), Immunology Translational Science and Medicine (TSM) to be located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This role is within Immunology Translational Science and Medicine (TSM) functional team. TSM is a group within the Immunology Therapeutic Area, consisting of a Translational Medicine and Translational Science (TS). TM has combined expertise in the clinical study of immunologic disease, immunologic pathways and in early clinical trial design and execution. TS has expertise in biomarker development, disease biology research and in the application of immunology and data science technologies to support drug development. Organizationally, TSM serves as a pivotal bridge between Discovery Research and the later phase Clinical Development group. TSM provides the necessary scientific and clinical expertise to advance an industry-leading pipeline of novel mechanism small molecules and biologic agents to address unmet need in immune-mediated diseases.
This position will reside within the Immunology Translational Sciences department and requires a highly motivated and skilled candidate to assist in the clinical progression of innovative therapies for autoimmune diseases in Rheumatology through expertise in computational biology. The Principle Scientist will provide computational support including analysis, interpretation, design, and reporting or communication of data evidence for research, development, and/or marketed product needs in Janssen. The Senior Scientist will be effective in the use of relevant computational tools for study, experiment, or trial research objectives having demonstrated experience applying advanced data analysis techniques to high-dimensional biological data. The Senior Scientist will operate in a highly collaborative environment interacting with multiple internal and external stakeholders contributing high quality and timely deliverables as assessed by stakeholders such as the project team, the clinical trial team, and Translational Science rheumatology leadership. The Principle Scientist will follow best practices for Data Integrity complying with organization and company standard operating procedures in timely fashion, such as training and project time accounting.
• MS with at least 10 years of relevant experience OR a Ph.D. with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience is required, preferably in pharmaceutical or biotechnology sectors
• Experience in Immunology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Epidemiology, Statistics, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics or related field is required.
• Familiarity with human translational research and biomarker analyses are preferred.
• The ability to apply data mining, machine learning, and emergent algorithms to pre-clinical, clinical, or health outcomes data is required.
• Experience in handling exploratory high-dimensionality data such as microarrays, protein arrays, MS or NGS is preferred.
• Experience in network analysis, modeling biological pathways, and/or gene set/pathway enrichment analysis is preferred.
• Experience in single-cell RNAseq analysis is preferred.
• Proficiency in software such as R, SAS, R, Omicsoft, Cytoscape is preferred.
• A strong publication track record is preferred.
• The ability to communicate clearly, collaborate effectively and to build effective and trusted partnerships with internal and external scientists is essential.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)