Auris Health is recruiting for a Staff Clinical Engineer, located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
As a member of the Clinical Innovation team, the Staff Clinical Engineer will work closely with multi-functional development teams to champion clinical value propositions for patients and providers throughout the design and development of new products. This individual will be responsible for leading activities to inform engineering design and procedural development and executing to the Design and Development Plan (DDP) throughout a project’s lifecycle.
• Lead strategy, planning, and execution of simulated-use performance assessments medical robotic systems, with focus on meeting value propositions and conducting new procedure design
• Develop frameworks for assessing clinical and workflow performance for new products
• Drive the creation of models and analytical and experimental techniques to evaluate product performance and value propositions, and utilize clinical expertise to generate evidence to support design and optimization of product features
• Contribute to a strategic product vision and provide clinical perspective on product concepts to engineering teams
• Drive user-centric product vision to ensure successful integration with existing clinical workflows in a real-world environment
• Gather feedback and insight about clinical needs about company and competitive products being used in the market
• Understand current state of end-user and patient environment, continually refresh knowledge about relevant anatomy and disease states, and maintain up-to-date view of alternative and competing treatment modalities
• Lead regular on-site engagement of clinicians
• Support expansion and durable documentation of Clinical Engineering team’s collective clinical knowledge across procedural arenas
• This position operates in a professional office environment.
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• This is a full-time position.
• Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science
• 4 years’ experience in medical technology company
• In lieu of Bachelor’s Degree additional years of Engineering experience in medical technology company is required
• Demonstrated ability to effectively and clearly communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to other individuals and teams
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with product development process
• Candidate should be able to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820
• Ability to travel up to 30%, internationally and domestic
• Advanced Degree
• 5+ years’ experience in medical technology company
• Experience with a complex medical device in a pre-clinical setting
• Experience with medical robotics
• Knowledge of basic anatomy, clinical terminology and laparoscopic surgical techniques
• Experience conducting design validation studies and gathering physician feedback on medical devices
• Experience in the regulated medical device environment, including but not limited to document control processes, document approval processes, study archiving, data collection and phase/design reviews
• Familiarity with bariatric surgery
• Experience working with cross-functional teams across multiple engineering disciplines, including mechanical, software, electrical, and visual/industrial design
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)