Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Cross-Functional Service Provider Expert, to be located in Springhouse, NJ, USA; Chesterbrook, PA, USA; Titusville, NJ, USA; Raritan, NJ, USA; Cherry Hill, NJ, USA; and High Wycombe, England; Leiden, Netherlands; Beerse, Belgium, or Allschwil, Switzerland.
The Cross-Functional Service Provider Expert is a member of the Strategic Partnerships function in the Project Management Office and is a Janssen representative for assigned Partners.
This role will support the Team Lead in developing and driving the vision and strategy within the assigned service provider space. They will be responsible for managing the relationships between Janssen’s internal Global Development stakeholders and the providers in scope, to champion the partnership and act as a spokesperson for Janssen. They will draw on their substantial knowledge of collaborating with service providers and will be a key collaborator promoting organizational alignment, strategic direction, partnership behaviors and the appropriate levels of governance to ensure the overall success of the partnership and outsourcing strategies.
This role is required to partner with the wider Janssen organization in support of the overall performance of the providers. They will work with their internal and external stakeholders to support partnership level goals, ensure consistency in processes and timely communications regarding portfolio performance status, risk mitigation strategies and issue management.
This role requires an ability to work independently across multiple levels in the organization and is expected to be proactive in delivering to all assigned goals and objectives
- Develop and execute realistic strategic plans for assigned service areas.
- Develop positive relationships with executive representatives from assigned partners to foster mutual process efficiencies and review capabilities for further partnership growth and innovation.
- Support Procurement-led category refresh activities to evaluate the organization’s current and future needs, validate the sourcing strategy and identify preferred suppliers.
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to develop and implement innovative approaches and sourcing strategies for new/emerging service categories to meet unmet business needs.
- Determine and detail the appropriate governance model with assigned partners that maximizes the value to both organizations.
- Coordinate and lead regular Operational and Executive Committee Meetings in line with the agreed governance framework.
- Track the progress of partnership level goals, working to provide regular updates and adjusting where necessary to ensure the partnership evolves with the business needs.
- Ensure regular and timely updates of potential work, portfolio reviews, and the quality and operational performance status for each of the partners.
- Provide organizational support to ensure that the processes, behaviors, and expectations needed for successful partnerships are appropriately implemented at all levels.
- Work closely with Partnership Enablement colleagues to implement and drive standardized procedures, training and performance measures.
- Support the development of performance management standards, key performance indicators and quality metrics relevant to the service category that assist in measuring the “health” of the partnership
- Facilitate open communications and function-to-function discussions to proactively manage potential concerns or risks.
- Support the active issue management and resolution, and any associated process implementation activities.
- Assist in the conduct of interactive Lessons Learned activities.
- Support any other assigned Global Development-led projects and initiatives.
- Drive and participate in strategic partnership process improvement initiatives and continued education/training.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s or University degree in a scientific discipline is required. An advanced degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, MD, PhD) is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience in leading external partners/vendors
- Demonstrated experience in building business relationships with effective communication, coordination, and targeted deliverables, outcomes, and follow-ups
- Must be proficient in speaking and writing in English
- Established experience with understanding and successful project delivery in a global environment
- Demonstrated confidence and competence in the comprehensive partner and team management to drive clear roles and responsibilities, practical issue management and aligned decisions through the influence and collaboration with multiple functions
- Experience working in a global environment
- Experience in alliance management
- Role to be located in Springhouse, NJ, USA; Chesterbrook, PA, USA; Titusville, NJ, USA; Raritan, NJ, USA; Cherry Hill, NJ, USA; and High Wycombe, England; Leiden, Netherlands; Beerse, Belgium, or Allschwil, Switzerland
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Allschwil, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-South Holland-Leiden, North America-United States-New Jersey-Cherry Hill, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Chesterbrook
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)