Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Firmware Engineer
Redwood City, California
Requisition ID: 6200191001
Auris Health Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Senior Firmware Engineer, located in Redwood City, CA.
Auris Health, Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
The Senior Firmware Engineer is responsible for leading the architecture, development, and execution of embedded firmware design within the Advanced Development team. Auris is seeking a highly motivated individual that is a self-starter and is passionate about designing elegant yet simple solutions for advanced, complex robotic systems.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Lead the development of firmware and embedded software for the Advanced Development team.
• Work closely with Electrical and Software Engineers to deliver highly integrated embedded solutions involving advanced motor control in an FDA regulated environment.
• Validates designs through the process of prototyping, coding, and testing.
• Collaborates, communicates, and participates in design discussions and project planning with cross functional team members.
• Integrate, test, and debug firmware designs on the hardware platform.
• B.S./M.S. in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related technical field is required
• 5+ years of prior experience as an individual contributor in a relevant engineering role is required
• Excellent C/C++ programming and debugging skills on embedded systems is required
• Experience with ARM based microprocessors and various communication protocols such as UART, I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet/TCP-IP, etc.
• Familiarity interfacing a variety of sensors and reading datasheets.
• Experience with board bring up and system level debugging.
• Experience with debugging equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, logic analyzers, etc.
• Superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize projects and tasks.
• Experience in Medical Device Design Control for IEC 60601 is a plus
• Experience with FPGA SoC control and design is a plus
• Experience with scripting languages such as with Python is a plus
• Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) is preferred
• Experience with GUI development for engineering test applications is a plus
• Ability to travel up to 10%, domestic and internationally is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)