Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Design Engineer, Digital Orthopedic Surgery
Requisition ID: 6193171206
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Design Engineer, Digital Orthopedic Surgery to be located in Providence, RI ( 1 Ship Street, Providence, RI) OR satellite office in Boston, MA ( 31 St James Street, Boston, MA).
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Senior Design Engineer, Digital Orthopedic Surgery position:
- This represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is excited by building transformational surgical capabilities within orthopedics, working in a cross- functional environment of leadership across the franchise and the sector globally.
- This position holds accountability for our critical digital orthopedic surgery program, and will work closely with our internal R&D Digital Platform team and with external development partners as well.
- This role represents the opportunity to shape the R&D function and to help build critical new capabilities in Global Orthopedics.
- He or she will design and implement project strategies, will be a leader with any outside co-developers, lead and execute R&D projects and will report to the Director of R&D for Digital Orthopedics Surgery.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Previous experience in highly regulated industry is required.
- Orthopedic, joint, or spine experience is desirable.
- Track record in R&D delivering solutions with complex system components and architecture preferred,
- Meaningful experience with all working elements in a cross functional landscape, following a product through the entire design cycle is required.
- R&D experience with other medical device technologies and product lines outside of orthopedics is desirable.
- Breadth and depth of technical expertise around a multitude of enabling surgical technologies outside of Mechanical Engineering is highly desirable (e.g. Electronics, Computer Sciences, Software Development, Navigation, Data analytics, Sensors, Optics, Acoustics, Energy, etc)
- Experience with multi-disciplinary engineering, including: integrating sensors into mechanical designs, specifying embedded software that complements mechanical design, modeling and specifying the dynamic properties of mechanical systems for controls development, etc.
- Understanding of surgery, surgical procedures, and the design and application of surgical devices, as well as the quality system / regulatory environment.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to define and co-develop complex electro-mechanical tool / robot interfaces.
- This position is located in Providence, RI and will require up to 20% of travel domestic and internationally.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)