Johnson & Johnson Careers
Post Market Studies/Medical Education Manager
Santa Ana, California
Requisition ID: 6182180425
Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgical, part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Post Market Studies/Medical Education Manager to be located in Santa Ana, Ca, and may be located remotely within the United States.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgical (“JJVS”) is focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of medical devices for cataract and refractive surgery. As a global cataract leader, JJVS provides intraocular lenses (both monofocal reimbursed and premium IOLs) that are specially designed to provide optimized visual outcomes, phacoemulsification and femtosecond laser equipment to safely and efficiently remove cataracts and a full offering of surgical adjuncts, including sterile viscosurgical devices/solutions.
JJVS is the global market leader in the presbyopia correcting IOL marketplace and holds strong #2 positions in all other cataract surgery markets in which it competes. JJVS is also the global market leader in laser refractive surgery and provides excimer and femtosecond lasers and advanced diagnostic devices for corneal refractive surgery. JJVS provides its products in more than 150 countries (more than 60 with a direct sales presence) worldwide.
Under the supervision of the Regional Senior Manager of Post Market Studies, the Manager Post Market Studies function is to deploy the strategic Regional Phase IV/Post Market Study initiatives of Johnson & Johnson Vision, developing a clinical physician advocate base within these respective areas
The Post Market Studies Manager individual will:
• Work with the key opinion leaders in their respective areas of focus to support the development of data which answers medically relevant questions and provides clinical differentiation that can potentially be utilized in promotional and educational activities
• Help coordinate medical educational grant submissions from medical education providers and third-party sponsors of programs and activities that focus on furthering scientific understanding in the areas of Cataract and Refractive Surgery as well as Ocular Surface Disease
• Maintain a current scientific knowledge in ophthalmology with specific emphasis on the areas of Cataract and Refractive Surgery as well as Ocular Surface Disease;
• Seek out information from medical and scientific literature, scientific meetings, symposia, and seminars that differentiates Johnson & Johnson Vision products from the competition.
• Work with the key opinion leaders in their respective areas of focus to support the development of data which answers medically relevant questions and provides clinical differentiation that can potentially be utilized in promotional and independent medical educational activities in support of their respective divisions of Johnson & Johnson Vision.
• Submit all regional physician initiated study proposals within their area of focus as well as facilitating the respective global post market study submissions under the post market study grant approval process.
• Review all relevant literature sources for new data/competitive materials and study proposals related to his or her respective area of specialty, and disseminates these to the relevant teams.
• Stay abreast of all competitive and technological data and presentations
• Attend all relevant MD and OD scientific congress meetings.
• Support key opinion leaders for the respective post marketing study initiatives and publication deliverables.
• Target and develop new thought leaders in areas including but not limited to cataract surgery, laser vision correction, ocular surface disease, and contact lens cleaning solutions
• Evaluate educational grants requests from third parties and institutions, making sure that they are compliant and within the overall Johnson & Johnson Vision strategy.
• Travel up to 20%, both domestically and internationally, often over weekends
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
• A combined minimum of 5 years’ experience in professional medical device, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and/or life sciences with experience including Sales, Brand Marketing, Medical Affairs or Medical Marketing/Medical Strategy, R&D and/or Professional Education is required
• Experience with work flow production, training of new employees on covered jobs, answering job-related questions in one or more areas is preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office is required
• Have lead responsibilities for one or more employees is preferred.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with PowerPoint and Excel is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, written and communication skills is preferred.
• Up to 20% travel, both national and international, will be required.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO US Holdings, Inc.. (6234)