Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Analyst, Payroll Processing (1 of 4)
Requisition ID: 6177190131
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Sr. Analyst, Payroll Processing within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization. The position will be based in Tampa, FL
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.” There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
The Senior Analyst, Payroll Processing will lead the day-to-day transactional activities of payroll operations including data entry, mass uploads, reversals/replacements, and payroll processing jobs (e.g., build to gross and gross to net). The position reports to the Manager, Payroll Processing and will be responsible for the processing of SAP payroll, oversight and submission of jobs, and verification of payroll processing sequence and completeness.
- Handle complex and/or sensitive payroll requests and issues related to processing.
- Examine and verify payroll related data for accuracy and consistency.
- Oversee and ensure Payroll deadlines are met and according to Payroll Operations procedures.
- Ensure all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable compliance requirements are met. Ensure payroll is executed in accordance with SOX controls at all times.
- Prepare Payroll calendars for all paygroups.
- Handle initial and/ or basic payroll related request and issues.
- Lead, prepare and process manual off-cycle pay.
- Review, analyze salary data and calculate retroactive salary data as required.
- Create and analyze reports of activities and findings to document results and review with the supervisor/manager.
- Analyze financial data and provide input to the payroll supervisor/manager.
- Perform quality review of work performed, by analysts and coordinators.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on payroll processing procedures.
- Work with the supervisor/manager and Service Center Documentation team to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of documentation (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Desk Top Procedures) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes. Partner with the supervisor/manager to assure version control, retention, and inventory of associated documentation.
- Coordinate Payroll Analysts and Coordinators for day-to-day execution of duties and guide them regarding proper procedures, policies, and requirements. Assist the supervisor/manager with day-to-day task planning and special projects.
- Leverage SAP knowledge to partner with IT to request alterations to job schedules, modifications to SAP payroll schemas, and creation of job variants. Collaborate with Global Payroll Projects team to leverage new SAP features and enhancements to improve SAP payroll processing compliance, efficiency and accuracy.
- Assure understanding of garnishment and broader Payroll strategies.
- Lead the development, reporting, and review of metrics to drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate.
- Assist the supervisor/manager with capturing and responding to escalated issues, policies, and procedures from government agencies, payroll functions, and the operating companies.
- Communicate regularly with supervisor/manager, team members, and appropriate stakeholders regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or processes. Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels.
- A Bachelors degree is required, finance, business or accounting preferred
- A minimum of 4 years previous experience in Payroll is required
- Experience with payroll systems is required and SAP Payroll, HR or OM modules is preferred.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Payroll processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance
- Working knowledge of Payroll processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance requirements are required.
- Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley or other local controls is preferred
- Experience with large multi-company (FEINs – legal entities), multi-jurisdiction payroll and tax is preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is preferred
- Experience with payroll applications and service providers desirable
- Ability to influence others, identify problems, and recommend a course of action
- Experience in a shared service center environment is preferred.
- A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines are required.
- Experience working on payroll projects is required.
- Ability to process complex information and identify solutions that meet both internal and business partner requirements are required.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS excel is required (Pivot tables, V look ups, formulas).
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS PowerPoint is required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity to compliance-related matters required.
- Up to 10% travel is required
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)