Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Research & Development, Immuno-Oncology, Myeloid & Innate Immunity
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 6124180315
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Research & Development, Immuno-Oncology, Myeloid & Innate Immunity located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in neuroscience, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
As the Director, Research & Development, Immuno-Oncology - Myeloid & Innate Immunity you will lead Janssen’s research efforts directed towards the discovery and development of novel myeloid and innate-immune therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, and play a key role to execute and deliver Janssen’s immuno-oncology strategy across areas of disease focus.
• Establish and lead world-class research infrastructure to build a robust product portfolio of assets that modulate myeloid and innate immune biology to target cancer.
• Provide leadership to pre-clinical and clinical myeloid and innate immunity programs in oncology.
• Develop and implement immuno-oncology strategies to move myeloid and innate-immune-based programs from research to clinical testing, and help to develop strategies to existing clinical programs
• Identify, develop and advance key and novel platform technologies and manage PhD scientists and Associates within the department.
• Work closely with Immuno-Oncology VP to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy in immuno-oncology.
• Build an external network of leaders with vision in the field of tumor immunology; seek out, champion, and develop strategic partnerships, implement and execute these projects.
• Identify and evaluate new opportunities and alliances. Serve as a scientific guide in the myeloid and innate immunity space for immuno-oncology related drug discovery and provide strategic and scientific recommendations on emerging opportunities for Oncology R&D.
• Work with senior leaders to provide mentorship and assist in developing overall strategy for oncology therapeutic area.
• Represent company at meetings and to potential collaborators, identify and establish outside collaborations, and build relationships across JNJ sectors and with other companies, foundations, academia, or other potential partners to support the Oncology Franchise.
• Manage and mentor a large scientific team.
• Present and assemble complex data sets.
• Interact with multiple stakeholders in a matrix environment.
• Manage team budget.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
• Minimum of a Ph.D. degree with post-doctoral experience and greater than 12+ years business experience or 3-5 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties at the Sr. Principal Scientist/Associate Scientific Director level or the equivalent training/experience is required
• Established strong publication and track record in myeloid and innate immunity, particularly in immuno-oncology
• Ability to effectively manage and mentor a large scientific team(s) and direct and/or indirect people management experience is required
• Demonstrated experience leading multiple Discovery Programs is required
• Ability to present and assemble complex data sets is required
• Ability to interact in a matrix environment is required
• Up to 20% global travel required
• Ability to work in Spring House, PA is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)