Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director of Marketing, Gastroenterology
Requisition ID: 6120180315
Janssen Biotech, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director of Marketing, Gastroenterology located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Director of Marketing Gastroenterology is a critical senior marketing management position leading marketing strategy and implementation for our portfolio of Gastroenterology brands in the areas of professional, consumer and patient marketing. The DOM, Immunology, will report directly to the Vice President Marketing
The Director of Marketing Gastroenterology duties include:
- Developing an integrated strategic plan for Gastroenterology across all brands, building the brand positioning, messaging and overall branding experience, working to maximize our marketing communications to physicians, offices, customers and patients.
- Be a key member of the Global Commercial team, and will have responsibility for product launch of Crohns disease in the U.S.
- Work in conjunction with brand marketing leads, developing annual Marketing Plans for the franchise and executing both product and service innovations.
- Work closely with multiple functions including Sales, Sales training, Franchise Analytics, Strategic Customer Group, Medical Affairs, Global Strategic Marketing, North America Pharma affiliates, Alliance Management, Commercial Excellence Corporate Communications and outside vendors to effectively execute key commercial activities.
- Lead a team of existing marketing professionals (including Group Product Directors, Product Directors and Product Managers) and help build, shape and coach both leadership and marketing competencies throughout their team.
- Responsible for staffing, training and developing the marketing team members according to Value Excellence principles and practices
- Utilizes market research to properly plan business activities.
- Co-ordinates promotional activities with sales management.
- Partners with Sales Training on marketed products and updates as needed.
- Develops pricing and contracting tactics for their brands working with Strategic Customer Group partners.
- Supports franchise team cross-functional initiatives.
- Plans and executes promotional activities at company conventions.
- Responsible for annual financial forecasts within Gastroenterology and budget maintenance to support financial objectives.
- Tracks and monitors monthly performance of franchise and recommend corrections as needed. Continually assesses competitive landscape and responds accordingly.
- Works within regulatory guidelines to achieve goals.
- Work closely with senior leadership team to ensure appropriate resources and organizational alignment is available to capitalize on short-term and long-term business opportunities.
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS required and a MBA preferred.
- Biology/Scientific background preferred.
- Minimum 10 years business experience (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Management, etc.) of which at least 8 years demonstrated in line marketing experience and proven performance is required.
- Immunology sales or marketing experience strongly preferred.
- Launch experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in critical marketing competencies required.
- Experience directing and managing advertising agencies required.
- People management responsibilities required.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities required.
- Biosimilar knowledge and experience preferred.
- Previous Pharma Sales or Sales Management experience preferred.
- Global Marketing/Early Commercial Development experience preferred.
- The candidate must be innovative, proactive, and strong analytically with excellent overall business acumen.
- Must can manage and prioritizing multiple priorities.
- Must possess demonstrated people management experience with excellent leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a matrix and unstructured environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Can operate in two worlds — big picture orientation with attention to detail.
- Interpersonal flexibility to effectively interact with a broad range of personnel.
- Builds effective teams that work well across functions and groups.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills required.
This position is in Horsham PA and requires up to 25% travel, predominantly US with limited OUS travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. (6014)