Johnson & Johnson Careers
New Product Development Project Manager
Skillman, New Jersey; Los Angeles, California
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt
Requisition ID: 6102181031
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. is searching for a New Product Development Project Manager with a strong preference to be located in Los Angeles, CA with consideration for Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., based in Skillman, N.J., is one of the world's largest consumer health and personal care products company. Our consumer companies produce many of the world's most trusted brands, among them JOHNSON'S® Baby, BAND-AID®, NEUTROGENA®, TYLENOL®, MOTRIN®, and LISTERINE®. Each one of our consumer businesses embraces innovative science to create products that anticipate consumer needs and create experiences that help them live healthy, vibrant lives.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
In this role, you will independently lead and execute a portfolio of Innovation projects. Emphasis will be on delivering projects on-time, within budget in a compliant and reliable manner. You will also be accountable for delivering projects which will require building project plans, aligning partners, managing the timeline, budget and driving team accountabilities to deliver the final project objectives. You will also work with functional partners to define/align on the business case and project scope to support project execution; following compliance defined through the IMO Governance process and tools.
• Leading cross-functional project teams (which may include Research & Development, Marketing, Sales, Packaging, Operations, Purchasing, Regulatory, Finance, and Planning), from project onset through post-implementation or launch activities.
• Developing and implementing project charters and metrics; obtaining partner alignment; identifying project risks and developing risk mitigation plans; being a source of conflict resolution. Leading in preparing and present project updates and stage-gate reviews at Governance forums.
• Working towards business process improvements for some quantum of their time for the Business & Supply Chain.
• Using strong business knowledge, technical skills and good judgment to effectively assess risk, develop contingencies and determine when to elevate issues.
• Utilizing effective communication skills to appropriately inform various levels of the organization and team members in a timely manner.
• Developing an in-depth understanding of assigned franchise, associated technologies and supply chain to ensure sound decision making from project chartering, through design, development and implementation, resulting in market successful products and reliable, cost-effective supply.
• Utilizing project metrics and lessons learned to improve business results and product launch processes in the region.
• Developing a in depth understanding of various business processes, governances and supporting systems (Instantis, Gensight) and the tools/templates used for project & portfolio management.
• Maintaining the required project updates in Instantis/Gensight (Project Portfolio Management System).
• A Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree (MA, MS, MBA) is a plus
• A minimum of seven (7) years of related experience is required
• A minimum of five (5) years experience within any of the following areas is required: Project Management, Engineering, Research and Development, Sales, Planning, Finance, Marketing and/or Operational functions
• Minimum of two (2) years formal Project Management experience is required
• Project Management Training and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred
• Proficiency in MS Project, MS Excel and Portfolio management software (Instantis/Gensight) is preferred
• Experience launching new products or managing product changes is preferred
• Working in a GMP or regulated environment (Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Diagnostics, or Consumer Product) is preferred
• Driven, with excellent senior level communication and organizational skills, and possess the ability to influence and constructively challenge teams and business partners to achieve project goals
• Proven track record of meeting project objectives in dynamic environments by successfully managing, tracking and implementing successful strategies in regards to scope, quality, time and cost
• Work independently and without direct line management authority over team members
• Accountable with working well under pressure and have strong time management and prioritization skills
• Comfortable challenging status quo and looking for ways to improve processes
• This position is located in Los Angeles, CA or Skillman, NJ and may require up to 10% of domestic and international travel
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
United States-California-Los Angeles
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt