Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $80 billion in sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Johnson and Johnson is currently recruiting for Site Leader, Janssen Supply Chain (JSC). The position is based in Athens, GA, and provides overall leadership for the Athens manufacturing location (with oversight across 3 J&J supply chains (Athens API JSC, Ethicon Biosurgery, and Ethicon Wound Closure), working with and providing direction to all functional areas to execute the strategies, objectives, plans and policies of the Business Unit and the SM API Cluster. This role will develop and sustain a high performing organization through a relentless focus on outstanding teamwork, EHSS, product quality, plant productivity, cost competitiveness, budget management and employee engagement and serves as a key member of the SM API Cluster leadership team.
- Ensures BU meets or exceeds the annual targets for service, cost optimization, quality and compliance in delivery of the SM API Cluster portfolio.
- Accountable for the leadership and operational performance of the BU.
- Drives excellence in all areas of manufacturing operations at the BU by promoting a culture of collaboration, agility, and innovation across all areas (i.e. Johnson Production System (JJPS), Manufacturing for the Future (MFF), and Faster Forward Culture).
- Manages teams of professionals and through a matrix management model, leads a cross functional team comprised of direct and indirect reports.
- Participates proactively as a member of the SM API Cluster leadership team in sharing knowledge; operates as a collaborative partner and contributor to the API Cluster Strategy with oversight of Cluster performance.
- Translates the API Cluster Strategy into BU objectives to be executed.
- Creates a focus on continuous improvement, standardization, quality and compliance with respect to all activities across the BU.
- Responsible for ensuring the ongoing organization design and development of all employees to drive optimal performance to meet current and future business needs.
- Assures a Credo based culture which upholds the company’s commitment to employee development with a focus on promoting the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce by embedding the J&J culture and values across the location.
- Acts as a change leader in the business, actively coaching and developing people to strengthen both individual capabilities and the team’s ability to provide value to customers.
- Primary point of contact and accountable for the Athens location for EHSS/ Quality/ Narcotics (as appropriate) and all associated responsibilities outlined with respect to the Pharma / Manufacturing licenses.
- Partners with cross-functional teams including Quality, Finance, EHS, Facilities, HR IT, Operations, Union Representatives, Cluster LT, Campus Leadership teams, as well as CMO’s externally.
Financial and Operational Performance Targets: Supports the Operations Leaders and provides day to day direction to the Support Functions to deliver on these targets. This will be achieved through proactively promoting a lean, customer & people focused innovative approach to all activities within the BU.
Membership of the Cluster Leadership Team: Contributes to the development of the Cluster Strategy; actively participates in the oversight of the Cluster performance and the contribution of the Athens API BU to same; supports talent development opportunities across the Cluster; actively participates in the delivery of continuous technology and process improvements and standardizations across the Cluster.
People and Culture: Provides leadership and development for leaders and emerging talent, ensuring there is a diverse pipeline of high performing, multi-skilled leaders for the future. Drives a Credo based culture of innovation engagement and development.
As a member of the Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain (JJSC) Georgia Campus Steering Team, this Executive drives a consistent culture and ensures an aligned approach to Diversity & Inclusion, and Talent Development across the Georgia Campus; optimizes synergies across the Site, as appropriate.
- BA/BS or equivalent is required; engineering or technical degree is preferred. MBA, MSC, MEng, or PHD is an asset.
- Minimum 12 years of experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment
- Most recent experience should include leadership of a complex API manufacturing business unit overseeing multiple teams within the same location
- Strong track record of producing commercial material and exhibits progressive management and leadership abilities and practices
- Demonstrated ability to provide direction to a diverse Functional leadership team and able to nurture an inclusive culture to realize BU or Plant objectives
- Background should include a positive record of plant regulatory inspections and employee engagement results
- Minimum 7 years of experience leading multi-disciplined teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to lead a team and operate as a part of team, customer focused, innovative, excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, excellent problem-solving skills, results and performance driven, adaptable, flexible, tactful, diplomatic, attracts and develops key talent
- Ability to contribute proactively and strategically as a member of a Leadership team
- Ability to influence peers and people at higher levels within the organization
- Demonstrates ability to drive a Credo-based culture of innovation, engagement and development while modeling J&J leadership behaviors and value
- 15 % travel is required - domestic and international
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (6062)