Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior EHS&S Specialist~DePuy Synthes ~Monument, CO
Requisition ID: 6096180315
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Senior EHS&S Specialist. This position is located in Monument, CO.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Provide technical expertise for all EHS&S programs, including machine safety, industrial hygiene, ergonomics and HAZCOM. Drive environmental compliance programs for waste management, water programs, and air emissions. Under the direction of the EHS&S Manager, the candidate will support all aspects of the Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) Management System at the DePuy Synthes site in Monument, CO.
- Evaluate, plan and implement appropriate occupational safety, machine safety, industrial hygiene, and ergonomics program components, including development and delivery of training materials; manage projects requiring advanced knowledge of the occupational safety, machine safety, industrial hygiene, and ergonomics from identification of potential risk to analysis of the level of risk to the implementation of appropriate control measures.
- Identify and assess safety risks to maintain a safe work environment. Critical safety programs include machine safety, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, machine guarding, Lockout/Tagout (LO/TO), and HAZCOM. This person will be expected to technically assess risks and use advanced knowledge of EHS principles and practices to develop and implement corrective and preventive actions for all identified safety risks.
- Coordinate required industrial hygiene (noise and chemical) monitoring; perform ergonomic risk assessments; conduct machine safety risk assessments; and develop job safety analysis for automated and manual job functions.
- Perform routine EHS assessments; conduct audits against regulatory requirements and the J&J Worldwide EHS&S Standards to identify program specific deficiencies and areas of risk. Successful candidate will be expected to collaborate with site management to implement corrective measures.
- Lead incident investigations for all reported injuries and Good Saves to identify root cause and corrective and preventive actions.
- Evaluate facilities compliance with federal, state, local EHS regulations and J&J Corporate EHS Standards. The successful candidate will be expected to develop and establish Operational Procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate standards. The EHS&S professional will track and report key performance indicators and metrics.
- Evaluate, plan and implement EHS&S training and awareness programs. Develop and implement training packages for on-line and/or classroom training.
- Work closely with and establish partnerships with Depuy Synthes Operations and local Occupational Health Professionals to ensure the related programs and practices are implemented at the location.
- Support and facilitate site EHS&S committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS&S program.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience is required.
- A degree in a science, engineering, technology or EHS discipline is highly preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in EHS and/or safety is required.
- Technical knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene program components is required.
- Ability to identify, evaluate and control safety and industrial hygiene risks in the workplace is required.
- Working knowledge of OSHA regulations; knowledge of USEPA, wastewater regulations and DOT regulations is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing is required.
- Proficiency is required in Microsoft software, at a minimum Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Experience in air permitting and waste management programs is highly preferred.
- Experience assessing impacts of industrial operations on employees through ergonomic principles is desired.
- EHS management systems including OHSAS-18001 and ISO14001 is desired.
- Up to 10% travel is required.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
Environmental Health & Safety