Johnson & Johnson Careers
VISION CARE POSTDOC - LIGHT MANAGEMENT
Requisition ID: 6094171205
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging ACUVUE® family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the ACUVUE® brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the contact lens industry.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a post-doctoral fellow for Light management platform, Research & Development (R&D) located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
R&D Global Light Management Platform
- Collaborate with other scientists and engineers to advance knowledge in the in the areas of the psychophysics and biology of human vision.
- Interface with third party suppliers and an interdisciplinary technical team
- Projects will cover psychophysics experiments in relationship to spectral filtering, color vision, biology of ocular senescence and benchtop optical prototyping.
- Design of experiments; data acquisition, analysis, and interpretation; conducting literature and patent searches; organization and assimilation of literature search results;
- Presentation at conference and in peer-reviewed scientific journals is encouraged.
- Develop patent protected science-based innovations to enhance visual performance
- A PhD in optometry and vision science or biomedical engineering with demonstrated ability to conduct psychophysical research is required.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- OD or MD with experience in eye health preferred
- Availability to work full-time (40 hours/week) for the two-year post-doctoral period.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is required.
- Demonstrated leadership and/or significant participation in the scientific community is required.
- Position requires knowledge in color vision, ocular senescence and benchtop optical and psychophysical prototyping.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)