Actelion is recruiting for an Associate Director, Medical Affairs, located in South San Francisco.
The Associate Director, Medical Affairs is responsible for oversight and management of individual company-sponsored studies and strategic initiatives involving macitentan within US Medical Affairs and driving interactions with internal and/or external project execution partners.
- Function as a medical expert for pulmonary hypertension and macitentan and provide expertise as needed within and outside the organization
- Responsible for monitoring of individual company-sponsored/supported studies on macitentan.
- Prepare study protocols, amendments, specific sections of study manuals and other documents as required.
- Coordinate the preparation and/or review of data listings, summary tables, study results, scientific presentations, and manuscripts for publication.
- Coordinate and prepare publication and communications plans for macitentan
- Build strong relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) in pulmonary hypertension and be committed to continuous scientific exchange with KOLs as appropriate in the field and during medical congresses.
- Development of medical and scientific materials when needed for purpose of medical education
- Partner with medical team to develop medical strategy for advisory boards and steering committees.
- Partner and service as the medical lead for necessary cross-functional teams locally such as Commercial, Publications, Drug Safety, Medical Information, Copy approve committee to support these teams from a medical perspective.
- Function as the medical lead and cross-functional partner for key business plan activities in pulmonary hypertension and macitentan.
- Present scientific data at scientific conferences and other venues as needed.
- Serve as the product medical conduit with specialty pharmacy in order to maintain medical relationship, provide product training and medical guidance
- MD, PhD or Pharm D with 8 years of relevant work experience is required
- 5 years of medical affairs or clinical development in biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industries is preferred
- Cardiology or pulmonary experience preferred.
- Medical science background with a strong understanding of clinical research and clinical trial design and management is required
- Strong knowledge of PAH, pulmonary medicine and critical care is preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills is preferred
- Ability to form strong relationships based on credibility and trust, be able to work within teams and handle a fast-paced work environment preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Francisco-
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)