Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Customer Development Analyst (1 of 2) - Buffalo Grove, IL
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Requisition ID: 6088171220
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Customer Development Analyst to be based out of Buffalo Grove, IL.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The incumbent understands and applies the general principles of category management. The incumbent may manage complexity across multiple customers, GBUs and category/shopper related projects - and prioritizes accordingly. The incumbent is responsible for delivering tactical analytical support to internal team members, to customer groups, and to customer teams. The incumbent independently translates analysis into actionable strategies and tactics by making recommendations on the product assortment, planogram design, display, key insights, and/or promotions in order to enhance sales. The incumbent builds on and incorporates contextual understanding to increase their knowledge base of the selling story. The incumbent is able to link stakeholder strategy with company strategy and translate and/or present learnings across functional lines. The incumbent independently compiles and presents recommendations to decision makers. The incumbent participates in special projects as assigned by the supervisor. Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Organizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from a variety of data sources such as IRI, Nielsen POS, shopper/panel, and customer data bases to independently discern trends and provide insights-based recommendations.
• Optimization of SKU assortment by providing shopper, category, brand and/or customer insights to support strategies and recommendations for customers.
• Provides thought leadership and appropriate insights and analytics as needed to enhance sales and profit results.
• Provides high quality, unbiased category management recommendations to customer retailers and field sales to enable them to drive traffic, increase market share and improve efficiencies.
• Assembles and presents insight findings and provide insights-driven recommendations. Crafts data-supported selling stories to drive sales and increase customer investment
• Provides analytic support to other key partners including: Sales Strategy, Marketing and field sales, by providing POS updates, line reviews, promotional reviews, and ad hoc special projects based on the need for in-depth analysis of data or other analytics services.
• Designs, plans, manages and enhances promotional plans - , such as the developing of signage, claims and messaging for key customers and assigned store(s).
• Responds to customer requests from the assigned area regarding topics such as samples, supply, and order status.
• Ensures that data utilized is accurately formed, reported and error-free when devising data sets through careful review and refinement prior to running analytical tests.
• Develops, utilizes, and shares best practices across key partners to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and recommendations.
• Supports efforts to develop and enhance customer relationships.
• Persuades and influences internal teams and the customer to a different perspective through use of compelling data and insights.
• Complies with company policy and procedures at all times.
• Maintains and complies with SAFE Fleet & Safety objectives and policies.
• 4-yr degree or equivalent
• 2 years prior business experience required with at least 1 in customer sales or in a consumer products environment desired
• Syndicated data is preferred
• Sits in Buffalo Grove, IL with up to 10% travel
• Experience with the high promotional categories is preferred.
• Experience working with loyalty card data is preferred
United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)