Johnson & Johnson Careers
Health Technology, Corporate Development Lead
Requisition ID: 6073180319
Johnson & Johnson is the leading health and well-care company in the world, touching over a billion people per day. While our people, brand, scientific and manufacturing expertise, and extensive ecosystem relationships are second to none, our ambitious mission to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity will require bold, innovative applications of technology.
The Health Technology team is a new group based in San Francisco, CA, created to drive strategic adoption of technology across J&J. The team is comprised primarily of experienced operating leaders from successful technology companies (e.g. Google, Dropbox, LinkedIn), and partners with commercial and R&D leaders to identify opportunities to use technology to address health challenges at global scale. The team also develops the strategic and operational plans around those opportunities and executes the applicable product, program, partnership, investment and acquisition needs.
As Health Tech Corporate Development Lead, you will work with senior leadership and cross-functional teams across the J&J enterprise, in particular with the Medical Device business to develop J&J’s technology corporate development strategy to address unmet needs in areas like surgery, orthopaedics, and cardiovascular disease, and lead the lifecycle execution of strategic acquisitions and investments.
- Lead cross-functional teams through the end-to-end execution of a variety of corporate development deal types (M&A, investments, acquihires, etc.), including sourcing, due diligence, financial analysis, negotiation, and integration
- Research technology companies in the medical device space, and perform build/buy/partner analyses
- Engage with key leaders and other internal stakeholders to develop business cases and new business models for growth opportunities in the health tech space
- Develop a deep expertise of the industry, perform competitive and acquisition target landscapes, and present key findings/acquisition recommendations to senior management
- Build relationships with key people (founders, investors, etc.) and companies in the industry
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic record, MBA a plus
- 6+ years of corporate development at a leading technology company, and/or relevant work experience at an investment bank, consulting firm, private equity or venture firm
- Analytical and creative thinker with a deep understanding of consumer and enterprise software business models, and financial modeling expertise
- Highly collaborative, with strong experience creating strong cross-functional working relationships, building consensus, and driving to decisions across all levels of management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to break complex issues down into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- High capacity for learning quickly, attention to detail, and managing simultaneous projects successfully
- Passion for health and well care
- Great sense of humor
- Preferred: both small and large tech company experience, and/or digital health experience
United States-California-San Francisco
Johnson & Johnson (6067)