Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Are you passionate about improving healthcare experiences for patients, caregivers and healthcare systems? The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (JJMDC) Industrial Design and Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking exceptionally talented, multi-faceted UIUX Design students to join our global team.
Our IDHF organization is responsible for user-centered aspects of new product development, and partners with cross-functional research and development teams to bring solutions to market. We immerse ourselves in the users’ environment; use the design process to organize complex information in an actionable way; leverage technology, human factors, and creativity to illuminate the possibilities; and test with end users to refine concepts until the best solution is achieved. We are a collaborative team, dedicated to improving patient outcomes by delivering exceptional user experiences to healthcare professionals.
This position will be based at either our Cincinnati, OH or Raynham, MA offices and will serve as an integrated team member with the designers at that location, for the period of January to April 2020.
- Synthesizing and shaping large amounts of information to drive understanding for internal team members and external partners. Examples include analyzing user research, auditing the competitive landscape, exercising storytelling skills through presentations.
- Performing usability heuristic evaluations, sketching user flows, defining information architecture, and wireframing interfaces.
- Assisting with pixel-perfect screen layouts - establishing hierarchy of elements and refining type/button sizing based on display size, contrast ratio, Human Factors specifications.
- Prototyping micro interactions via a UI prototyping tool and/or After Effects.
- Enrolled in an accredited college/institution pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Interaction Design or Human Experience Design with an Interaction Design Focus. Only students in their second year of bachelor’s or above with a 3.0 GPA will be considered.
- Students must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship.
- Ability to distill information accurately with a strong attention to detail, quality, and process.
- Ability to identify patterns, connections, discrepancies, and narratives not immediately apparent, and format the information into maps or workflows that will guide the overall design process.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles, methodologies, best practices and approaches; particularly as applied to information visualization for static and interactive environments.
- Understanding of Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) conventions, and experience in concepting interactive prototypes.
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and current design software (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Interaction Design applications, such as, Sketch and Adobe XD).
- Submit a portfolio of work (uploaded PDF or link to website) that demonstrates strong organizational, critical-thinking, problem solving, communication, and presentation skills.
- Collaboration & mentorship with world-class designers working toward the common goal of positively impacting the health of humanity
- Dynamic and respectful work environment where we live by the J&J Credo
- Challenging work that will push you to explore, ask questions, and grow as a designer and a professional
- Experience working for global company
- Opportunity to have direct impact on billions of people
- Competitive compensation
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)