Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 6042180708
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Bioanalysis/Pharmacokinetics for our site in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
PDM is a critical part of the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D, and is committed to the delivery of key ADME (absorption, distribution, metabolism, and extraction), pharmacodynimcs, and developability information needed for the generation of drug candidate in all Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including bioanalysis, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, and chemistry with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. The Bioanalysis and Pharmacokinetics (BAPK) group within PDM is responsible for a diverse range of activities including in-house bioanalytical and pharmacokinetic support for discovery and development studies, the monitoring of out-soured bioanalytical activities, formulation, and toxicokinetic/pharmacokinetic analysis. We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Scientist in the BAPK group. This position will be based in Spring House, PA.
The candidate will be a member of Bioanalysis/Pharmacokinetics (BAPK) group within Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics and Metabolism (PDM). The work will focus on quantitation of drug candidates and biomarkers in complex biological matrices to support drug discovery and development. The candidate is expected to develop, validate, and implement key bioanalytical assays for small, large, and conjugate molecules, as well as biomarkers. The candidate is expected to bring in novel sample preparation and LC-MS technologies, including, but not limited to, immuno-affinity sample preparation, novel approaches for protein binding studies, analysis of peptides, proteins, and conjugates. The candidate will also be expected to provide expertise advice to other JNJ groups on challenging bioanalytical issues and solutions. The candidate is expected to show a strong ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. The candidate will play a supporting role in enhancing the overall analytical capability of PDM organization and to represent Janssen for external scientific community.
Overall, this candidate is expected to play a key role in strengthening the bioanalytical method development capabilities for both small and large molecule pipeline, and enhancing the bioanalysis innovation and issue-driven resolution for all programs.
- Self-motivated and work well both independently and in team environment.
- Responsible for generating data to support compound progression and candidate selection
- Responsible for method development and sample analysis
- Understand the objectives of each experiment and responsible for data processing/analysis and communication of results
- Bring in novel sample preparation and LC-MS technologies, including, but not limited to, immuno-affinity sample preparation, novel approaches for protein binding studies, analysis of peptides, proteins, and conjugates, novel chromatographic techniques.
- Responsible for monitoring outsourced bioanalytical activities
- A Ph.D. degree preferably in chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical sciences, or a related field or a M.S or B.S preferably in chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical sciences, or a related field with a minimum of 5 years industry experience is required
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry (LC-MS) is required
- Hands-on experience with quantitative analysis of both small and large molecules in complex biological matrices such as plasma, serum, and tissue is required
- Hands-on experience with bioanalytical sample preparation skills, such as solid phase extraction, liquid-liquid extraction, immuno-affinity enrichment is required
- Knowledge and experience with bioanalysis method development and assay establishment is required
- Understanding of regulatory guidance for bioanalysis practice is required
- Good written and oral presentation capabilities is required
- Understanding of drug ADME, pharmacokinetics, and protein chemistry is required
- Knowledge with ligand binding assays and cell-based assays is preferred
- Experience with bioanalysis of protein-drug conjugates or similar disciplines is preferred
- Hands-on experience with both bottom up (enzymatic digestion) and top-down approaches for large molecule bioanalysis are preferred
- Hands-on experience with high resolution MS are preferred
- Hands-on experience with advanced chromatography techniques such as micro-LC and nano-LC are preferred
- Experience with software (e.g. BioPharmaView and Skyline) and tools(e.g.ExPASy and UniProt)
- This position requires up to 5% travel
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)