Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Staff Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) Specialist ~DePuy
Requisition ID: 6033180314
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Staff Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) Specialist to be located in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Under the direction of the Environmental, Health, Safety and Sustainability Manager, the Staff Specialist provides technical leadership to assigned environmental health and safety programs within DePuy Synthes. The primary site of responsibility is West Chester, PA with limited support to other J&J facilities within the Northeast US and Canada campus. This role will be responsible for ensuring the assigned EHS&S programs are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS&S regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS&S Standards. This role will be a member of the DePuy Synthes EHS&S team focused on driving consistency in several EHS&S programs including: Ergonomics, Incident Investigation, Chemical Exposure Control, Noise and Hearing Conservation, Medical Surveillance, etc. Responsible to partner and coach operational EHS&S program leaders, drive completion of site self-assessments and development of appropriate EHS&S Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) for assigned programs.
- This leader will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Internal: DePuy Synthes Operations, Facilities, R&D, Maintenance and Engineering, as well as other site functional leaders.
- External: Regulators and 3rd party consultants or assessors
- Provide overall site focus in the following areas: Ergonomics, Incident Investigation, Chemical Exposure Control, Noise and Hearing Conservation, Medical Surveillance, etc.
- Shared responsibility with site operational leaders for EHS&S performance at the site.
- Provide coaching to program leaders consistent with Integrated Ownership of Safety Systems (IOSS) creating a safe and compliant EHS&S Culture through robust engagement of personnel.
- Partner with program leaders and functional leaders to develop and implement CAPA actions for assigned standards to address EHS&S program deficiencies and ensure EHS&S regulatory compliance.
- Develop EHS&S objectives for the assigned programs - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
- Monitor and evaluate EHS&S risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS&S program to make it leaner and more efficient.
- Develop, implement, and deliver EHS&S training for assigned EHS&S Standards/procedures, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires.
- Support and facilitate site EHS&S committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS&S culture.
- Collaborate with other functions to manage EHS&S aspects of external manufacturers, suppliers and contractor programs where necessary.
- Lead investigations for Near Miss, and injury / illness incidents.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or other Technical Field is required.
- A minimum of 8+ years of EHS experience is required
- Experience in developing and implementing chemical and physical exposure control programs (Ergonomics, Incident Investigation, Chemical Exposure Control, Noise and Hearing Conservation, Medical Surveillance, etc.) required.
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI and other consensus regulations/standards is required
- Classroom instructor skills are required.
- Experience in an FDA regulated/GMP environment preferred
- Experience in produce and maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Experience in interfacing with associates and local, state & federal inspectors.
- Strong organizational skills in generate all required reports and record keeping systems.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS&S hazards in the workplace.
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in leading change to individual and organizational behavior impacting EHS&S results.
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS&S functions.
This position is located in West Chester, PA and may require between 10-15% travel.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Environmental Health & Safety